Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-09-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Two Turn Checks vs. NemesisXX

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, nemesis has won the most money off me of all opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Start sitting after her.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:23 PM

hi dane. according to your reads i like your plays now, that is if the following is true:

1) a turn check means he gave up on a bluff and will probably bet the river

2) the player behind you will bet any gutshot but wont call with them
Old 12-09-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

If Nemesis overplays TP and pounds early and often and will often take mediocre hands to showdown, then why not raise the flop? I know you are asking for UTG to make a donation to the pot, but it's likely his donation will only be 1 SB at best. Nemesis won't fold to the flop raise and might even 3-bet. If he calls then hits his K or 6 on the turn he might checkraise, allowing you to clean his pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising the flop is also a very viable line for the reasons you give, but calling is a bit better here because Nemesis will still give action with any made hand on the turn (ie bet/call down) if I just call and I give the fish behind me a chance to hit a pair on the turn (if he hits one he's showing it down no matter what). I also think it's somewhat common that Nemesis won't have enough sense/restraint to give up a bluff on the turn. With a tighter player behind me I agree 100% though.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nemesis is horrible and I really cant figure out how she is able to multitable 10/20 and 15/30 and win. I guess online poker is pretty easy to beat after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I think her style of aggression is one that most players adjust to the wrong way. One play that is absolutely horrible against her is any kind of resteal or semibluff before the river but I see even decent looking tags do this all the time. I also see a lot of players who treat her like much more of a lag than she is, trying to do things like isolate her on dry flops with A-high. They might as well write her a check. I'm sure she gets crushed by strong players, but probably runs over the weak and gets a ton of extra action from fish, along with causing many tags to misplay against her, enough so that she makes up for her leaks and comes out a mediocre winner.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:15 PM

Hand 1: I like betting the turn. I think aggro players will screwplay you a lot on this board. If he does, I'd seriously consider waiting until the river to get your raise in.