Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: (109) How do you play this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy easy push, and congrats on doubling up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you stop writing "easy easy" in front of your replies when nothing about the situation is easy?

I think I actually fold here, but that's partially because I know the villain to be fairly good. I think his range is pretty small. If villain was allin it might be a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he has exactly AA or KK? The poster said he is loose so has a large range of hands. This is why it is easy easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Read the post about ICM linked to in the FAQ. Get a calculator/poker stove / sng power tools. It's not easy easy, but your post was sure annoying annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am here to learn but I think pockets queens is very strong in the 4 handed game. I want to get the shortstack out so I am in the money, but if I double up then this is better. It is very clear to me.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you stop writing "easy easy" in front of your replies when nothing about the situation is easy?

I think I actually fold here, but that's partially because I know the villain to be fairly good. I think his range is pretty small. If villain was allin it might be a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he has exactly AA or KK? The poster said he is loose so has a large range of hands. This is why it is easy easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Read the post about ICM linked to in the FAQ. Get a calculator/poker stove / sng power tools. It's not easy easy, but your post was sure annoying annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I left my action out of the hand history I am after the re-raise the big stack. I sat and thought about it for a few. The rational that I have in this hand is if I beat the original raiser I am in the money regardless. If the aggressive guy wins. I come in third because I had more chips going into the hand.

I think I played the hand right. But there is obviously many ways to play this hand, especially give the circumstances of the tournament.

I laid it down, by the way.

Seth
Old 11-08-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am here to learn but I think pockets queens is very strong in the 4 handed game. I want to get the shortstack out so I am in the money, but if I double up then this is better. It is very clear to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell do you double up if there's three people in the pot (including you?).

The reason some people fold this is the fear that the short stack beats the big stack, but the big stack eliminates you, so you end up in 4th place, and out of the money.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:24 PM

This is very true. However, the original raiser should probably fold to your push, if he's sensible. JJ I would almost certainly lay down here. KK is a no brainer push. QQ is right on the cusp - it can go either way. I can't say a fold is really bad here, for sure. But I reckon pushing is just slightly +$EV.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:24 PM

In the future, forum convention is to only have the action up to the decision in question. Confusing HH=Less helpful replies.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is very true. However, the original raiser should probably fold to your push, if he's sensible. JJ I would almost certainly lay down here. KK is a no brainer push. QQ is right on the cusp - it can go either way. I can't say a fold is really bad here, for sure. But I reckon pushing is just slightly +$EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was going to say this is why UTG not being allin is a problem. If he was allin I think we have an call, but here if you push he may fold and then you could be in trouble.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was going to say this is why UTG not being allin is a problem. If he was allin I think we have an call, but here if you push he may fold and then you could be in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, if utg was allin this would be an easy call/push.
If utg was close to allin this would be a call to wait and see what he did.
Now, as it stands, OP found a good example of a really difficult spot IMO.