Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-07-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 90% sure I\'m getting semibluffed

Seems like the kinda guy who will love to push over a weak blocking bet but may smell a rat if you check. Check/call is not bad, though.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:16 PM

If you trust the read that he is semibluffing bluffing turn, you like a raise?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:18 PM

Yeah, if you're sure he's semi-bluffing, obviously raise. But it seems to me like he will be pure bluffing here just as often as he is semi-bluffing if not more often.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you're sure he's semi-bluffing, obviously raise. But it seems to me like he will be pure bluffing here just as often as he is semi-bluffing if not more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I froze up and only called. Was pretty sure he was semibluffing, but couldn't decide on a 3 bet size. Thought 300 put me in a real awkward spot on the river, and a push only gets called when I'm beat. Although my bet size may be suspicious and get called by a mid pair.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:26 PM

im pushing on the turn.. the only thing that makes sense is he hit a set with his small pair, or he hit his 6-7 open ended hand and is now trying to defend your backdoor flush draw, or your re-draw.

you gave him a free card which i dont understand. you also made an error pre-flop without the re-raise.. at this point you have no idea what he could have.. so im going to fold here.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:29 PM

I still think you have to re-raise this preflop. With only one hand being better than yours, you can't really allow him to catch up as it appears he has done here. If you'd re-raised him preflop, his massive re-raise on the turn would make for an easy fold. I agree with whoever it was that posted on here that you really have solid grasp where your kings stand right now.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:52 PM

your hand is very, very disguised. Problem with a three bet is he's still dropping almost every worse hand (made hands wise) except a QQ or type hand that got tricky and convinced himself he underrepresented a hand on his flop check.

Equity wise, if you think he picked up hearts or a straight draw or some combo draw, it may be better to win the pot now.

I generally always pop back preflop, only because I pop back with less then stellar holdings alot, but given you didnt... Tough spot!

I would NOT fold, a fold would mean he either had 67s (possible) and checked a rainbow board for fear of c/r, or 89/set that checked a dry board and raised a near blank. Or AA of course. I think all of these hands bet the flop, depending on table dynamic and the pfr.

If you call, ~240 pot, effective stack will be 580 for the river. If you think he would do this for free showdown - like A8 or T9 - I'd call and block almost every river for a moderate bet. (Not small enuogh to seem like a blocker or obvious value bet, but not too big enough to not give good bluff catching odds)
Old 11-07-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I froze up and only called. Was pretty sure he was semibluffing, but couldn't decide on a 3 bet size. Thought 300 put me in a real awkward spot on the river, and a push only gets called when I'm beat. Although my bet size may be suspicious and get called by a mid pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling imo is > raising and both are > pushing, although a push is a neat idea.