Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Stars $500k hand w/TP against another big stack

[ QUOTE ]
You've hit your ace and now you're considering folding to an all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, when Lloyd made the pre flop raise I'm sure there was a semi-bluff element in there - AT is not that great a hand.
Second, he hit his ace, then told his oppponent he'd hit Ace (or perhaps, from his opponents perspective, was seeing how good his middle pair was), but his opponent came over the top; so either he's not scared of your Ace or as Yuv pointed out he's got a flush draw and wants you to lay down, but my money's on AQ/AK.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've hit your ace and now you're considering folding to an all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, when Lloyd made the pre flop raise I'm sure there was a semi-bluff element in there - AT is not that great a hand.
Second, he hit his ace, then told his oppponent he'd hit Ace (or perhaps, from his opponents perspective, was seeing how good his middle pair was), but his opponent came over the top; so either he's not scared of your Ace or as Yuv pointed out he's got a flush draw and wants you to lay down, but my money's on AQ/AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a CB means an A? Okey-dokey.

Is there any reason why villian can't have 88-TT here?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
s there any reason why villian can't have 88-TT here?

[/ QUOTE ]

KK could flatcall here too. And those along with weaker Aces are why i say it's a call.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:32 PM

I don't think you make the big money in this event by folding in these spots. If the villain is really aggresive then AK is pretty unlikely, and you even have to discount AQ since he didnt reraise. AJ would worry me, but I would also put A9s in his range. Also clearly a flush draw, and a lot of different flush draw combos. Against that range you have to call. Suck it up and stick it in.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any reason why villian can't have 88-TT here?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the part of the hand that's read dependent. What is villain capable of making this play with? In a vacuum, I think this is an easy laydown, but Hero has the read that villain is extremely loose.

edit: htf did I delete the paragraph below before submitting?

I think the overwhelming evidence supports a call from Hero. We assume that because villain is a frequent raiser that he would reraise with AK and probably AQ. Our range has to be increased on the bottom end because Villain is loose, and decreased on the top end because Villain is aggressive. The hands that worry me most are AJ and 77. If that's the case, nh.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but Hero has the read that villain is extremely loose.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said he was loose. I said he was aggressive pre-flop. That's the only read I had on him, and it surprised me that he didn't re-raise or fold pre-flop.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
s there any reason why villian can't have 88-TT here?

[/ QUOTE ]

KK could flatcall here too. And those along with weaker Aces are why i say it's a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you flatcall with QQ/KK here? This is one of those times I revert to level 1 thinking and just re-raise with QQ/KK here since I really hate an A high flop.

Also, I don't see a weaker A calling on the button since the raise didn't come from late position, it came from MP which could signify strength. However, if OP raised from MP3/CO, then I could easily see this turn into a call.

I'll definately tell you this, it is close and one of those hands where it defines the whole tournament for you.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:43 PM

i wouldn't flat call QQ, ,but i'd occasionally flat call KK.

And i think A9s maybe A8s would call here.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:48 PM

Not entirely sure what range to put him on, but I'll give it a shot.. Certainly 22 and 77 are in there. Clubbed broadways are all possible (going to assume T not club). A9-AQ, A7s. I'd say there's a chance he does this with a mid pair, so I'll throw in 99 and TT. Against this range, it's a call:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 54.0657 % 47.04% 07.02% { TT-99, 77, 22, AQs-A9s, A7s, KcQc, KcJc, KcTc, QcJc, QcTc, JcTc, AQo-A9o }
Hand 2: 45.9343 % 38.91% 07.02% { AsTh }

It's about the same if you have the Tc:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 52.0140 % 44.78% 07.23% { TT-99, 77, 22, AQs-A9s, A7s, KcQc, KcJc, KcTc, QcJc, QcTc, JcTc, AQo-A9o }
Hand 2: 47.9860 % 40.75% 07.23% { AsTc }

Also, I completely ignored the possibility of a pure bluff, so you may be favorite against the range.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but Hero has the read that villain is extremely loose.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said he was loose. I said he was aggressive pre-flop. That's the only read I had on him, and it surprised me that he didn't re-raise or fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, my error. I must then amend my analysis to not include the lower end, but keep the higher end in there. Less likely to have AK, slightly more likely to have A9. Potentially more likely to have 22, 77-TT.