Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Drugs are harmless!

Its all a big government lie! Nobody ever OD's on heroin or gets addicted to it, unless theyre like, stupid or something!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: An interesting take on heroin

Hope you have your Ouija board warmed up...
Old 11-03-2005, 08:56 PM

ok, it may be addictive, but physically it's not very bad for you. additionally, most of the more unpleasant physical effects of longterm usage result from the injecting of heroin, not from the drug itself. around these parts, it's not uncommon for people to smoke it. Also, heroin addiction is chemically very similiar to an addiction to painkillers. Keep that in mind, a heroin user is not always an IV drug user.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, it may be addictive, but physically it's not very bad for you

[/ QUOTE ]

WHERE DO you get this info from?????
Old 11-03-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As are many other drugs. It doesn't make my statement any less true.

If you only look at hardcore, chronic users of drugs, then of course the picture is going to look wretched.

I've never done it. I'm just trying to point out that there is a large amount of misinformation about heroin and other drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some valid points. I have never tried heroin, but I occasionally dabbled in coke and ecstasy in my college days. Niether drug was ever anything more than a special occassion to me(unlike several of my friends who had serious problems and couldn't go out and have a beer unless they had a score lined up later that night.) I suppose that most addictions stem from the person rather than the drug. To put it in plain english, many people have personalities that are condusive to addiction. Perhaps it is this view of mine that I found the statements in my OP very interesting.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:10 PM

You know after you've had an orgasm and your mind kind of spaces out for just a couple of seconds? That's basically it, but for a lot longer.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:12 PM

The reason that it's hard to believe is because it's very easy to underestimate what malnutrition can do. There are other factors like homelessness and violence that some herion addicts can also suffer which can wreak havoc on their body. Also, herion addicts could use more than one substance.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many people have lost dozens of people in their extended family die from cigarettes. It is very addictive and extremely hard to quit without a lot of family help and support.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Pure heroin is actually a very safe drug (from an OD standpoint). If you can safely calculate your dose everytime, you will not OD. However, street heroin is by no means pure, and most OD's you read about are people who get cleaner, less cut batch than what they are used to and take what is their "normal" dose, not realizing they are shooting hot and taking far too much than their bodies can handle.

edited to add: The lifestyle of a heroin (or any drug) addict is not something anyone should ever experience. From the few heroin addicts I know, their lives are basically black holes of hopelessness. Living for a drug is not living at all.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've never done it. I'm just trying to point out that there is a large amount of misinformation about heroin and other drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe has something to do with the War on Drugs campaign held by the American government. The misinformation is also caused by the lack of scientific research on most kinds of drugs.
One of the few exceptions is THC/Mary Jane; research has shown it helps against pain. And when you have Multiple Sclerose (hope I got that one right) it really helps reducing cramps/shaking.
When you have cancer and get chemo therapy most ppl feel sick and do not want to eat. Smoking a joint can help then.
In Holland you can even get Mary Jane on the doctor's advise. A friend of mine had a ganja description and went every week to the pharmacist to get her grass.