Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Learning 6-max, 3 hands for consideration

This first hand I just was very very unsure of.
I figure'd the first guy to have a minor overpair or played a crap hand hitting top pair or something and putting me on a bluff.
The 2nd guy is the one that kind of worried me. With the mini raise preflop and then just cold calling my re-raise, plus raising the all in on the flop....
Is this an easy fold?
Villian stats are 44/20 PF

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($20.29)
UTG ($76.70)
Hero ($71.20)
CO ($45.65)
Button ($66.76)
SB ($51.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $3.50, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($12.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB calls $16.29 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $32.58</font>, Hero ???

I know normally KK should be raised or re-raised preflop, but with this pot going to be heads up, is my line fine?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($83.70)
UTG ($30)
Button ($47.90)
SB ($23.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, UTG calls $4.

Turn: ($22.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $32.25

This table got short quick and then ended up heads up for this hand.
Is it really possible to put the villian on AK for the turned straight, or heads up is this just the type of hand you lose if he happens to have the straight?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($52.85)
BB ($174.14)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.75</font>, Hero (poster) calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($18) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB calls $15.

River: ($58) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero calls $23.85 (All-In), BB calls $23.85.

Final Pot: $105.70

Thanks for any advice and suggestions. I am just having a difficult time adjusting to the aggression of the 6-max games and the quicker pace. I have dropped the number of tables I normally play to make things easier and thus far I am still winning at a decent rate, so I don't feel like a complete fish at the moment.
Just wasn't sure how to play these 3 hands.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Learning 6-max, 3 hands for consideration

First hand, I call. Second hand is brutal. Never ever min check/raise. Well, at least until you have a VERY specific reason to do so to mess with a specific opponent. Which won't really happen, I don't think, until at least 2/4. Here, they are so loose, and don't try to read hands. So I would c/c flop, lead turn here probably. Or else lead flop. Or else c/c flop, c/r turn (since he'll be committed by then most likely). Or whatever. Even c/r flop bigger is better than your line. Just c/r flop all in or something. You got the minimum here.

Hand 3, raise bigger on the flop. I raise to $10-12. Then just get it all in on the turn. No getting away from the hand, IMO. He could play AA/KK like this easily. He's not checking the nuts on the river here anyways, so I see no way you lost this hand.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Learning 6-max, 3 hands for consideration

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I figure'd in the 2nd KK hand my raise should have been larger. The only problem that I've been having with doing more than a min re-raise has been that It always seems to make the Villian fold lately.

I cant remember the last time that I re-raised more than the min (I usually like to go about 3x) that they didn't fold.

I will keep that in mind in the future and stop doing min raises [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]