Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: A-high River Checkraise

[ QUOTE ]
As for the hand, what other rivers do you think I could checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm twisting my brain into knots trying to reconstruct his hand range.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:46 PM

He folded.

I rule.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:43 PM

Good spot for it. Nicely done.

/mc
Old 10-23-2005, 04:43 PM

His hand looks a lot like a mid pair and he's putting you on big overs on the flop. There is a chance of him playing AK like this, basically playing it like a pair.

The K is a good card to C/R if you think your recent run will cause him to fold. But it could have to opposite effect of him getting steamed and deciding you "couldn't have it this time too". One of those things where we get outside of PT stat territory...
Old 10-23-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He folded.

I rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

CLEARLY YOU RULE!!!!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

just kidding. but ya, love the raise.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His hand looks a lot like a mid pair and he's putting you on big overs on the flop. There is a chance of him playing AK like this, basically playing it like a pair.

The K is a good card to C/R if you think your recent run will cause him to fold. But it could have to opposite effect of him getting steamed and deciding you "couldn't have it this time too". One of those things where we get outside of PT stat territory...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. I wasn't sure exactly if his mood would cause him to fold a middle pair or not. The thing that tipped the scales is that I think he's likely enough to be buffing that calling the river would be profitable. So I'm effectively getting 10.5 to 1 to throw a bluff on top of that in case he has a medium pair.

By the way, this player would always cap AK pf and probably cap AQ too, however I think you'd be correct to add some hands like AdJx to his range.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. I wasn't sure exactly if his mood would cause him to fold a middle pair or not. The thing that tipped the scales is that I think he's likely enough to be buffing that calling the river would be profitable. So I'm effectively getting 10.5 to 1 to throw a bluff on top of that in case he has a medium pair.

By the way, this player would always cap AK pf and probably cap AQ too, however I think you'd be correct to add some hands like AdJx to his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good point about the PF AK action. I was thinking that a coldcall of two bets usually screams AK or medium pair, but this guy is too aggro to not cap AK and TT+ it sounds like.

Good point about the possible chances of him bluffing the river. I've noticed certain situations where a bet/raise on the end is capable of folding better hands and protecting against a bluff at the same time, and this is one of them. It's an interesting subject that I haven't seen much about in print, probably due to the degree of hand reading skills required to identify them...