Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-17-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Bad first date idea?

Bad idea given that costume parties are fantasitic opportunities to get some fine pie.

The combination of alcohol and costumes seems to have a multiplier effect to lower inhibitions of the average available tart.

Costume parties should be attended stag.

Then take the girl someplace nice to eat plus a museum on the first date, always a quality combination.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM

never ever EVER take a girl to a party unless you're a couple.

EVER EVER.

Got it?

You want to be able to work the room - who knows what opportunites might arise that you would never know about if you're stuck with a chick you barely know, but feel you have to stick by her and not really talk to any other girl because you're on a "date."

A first date should be somplace you can give one another your undiveded attention. Dinner. Bowling. A walk in a park. Whatever.

Besides, you know how common it is for the chick in these situations to hit it off better with some random dude at the party than with you?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:32 PM

As a general rule (that is quasi-relevant to your situation), when I get an "...and guest" invitation, I will NOT go set up a first date with a girl to be my "and guest." I would feel rude ignoring my friends who invited me to entertain her, and she doesn't know me well enough at this point for me to try and start introducing her to everyone I know.

Either get a couple dates with her under your belt between now and the party, or wait til after the party to ask her out.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Costume parties should be attended stag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Girls dressed in whatever slutty costume they can find consuming copious amounts of alcohol. The last Halloween party I went to was as Austin Powers. I got cornered by several women a fraction my age that loved my costume. One wanted me to disappear with her for awhile despite the fact my wife was there. Unfortunately, I'm less a swinger than my costume led her to believe.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:35 PM

Woodguy and Dominic are dead on.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never ever EVER take a girl to a party unless you're a couple.

EVER EVER.

Got it?

You want to be able to work the room - who knows what opportunites might arise that you would never know about if you're stuck with a chick you barely know, but feel you have to stick by her and not really talk to any other girl because you're on a "date."

A first date should be somplace you can give one another your undiveded attention. Dinner. Bowling. A walk in a park. Whatever.

Besides, you know how common it is for the chick in these situations to hit it off better with some random dude at the party than with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a DominicIsRight/DominicKnowsHos gimmick account?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

On another train of thought, this would be the perfect opportunity to put out a 'feeler bet' to see what her intentions towards you are. If you stick her in the worst possible situation (feeler bet), and all she does is rave about how great a time she had (call), she only wants your dough.

If she complains about not knowing anyone and yadda yadda (Pot sized raise), then she may ACTUALLY want to get to know YOU, not your wallet.

Just be prepared to fold or raise all-in on the turn after you get the information you were looking for.

Fold = Cut the 'party date' short and have an awesome backup plan.

Push = Cut her loose with some cab fare and pick up some stray poon.

The "feeler bet/fold to raise" scenario can actually be the best opportunity for a quality relationship. She will think you really want to be with her and please her, by dumping your current plans on the spot and doing something much more romantic and fantastical. It's simply a position raise, but she is tight/passive and will believe you hold a strong hand.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

On another train of thought, this would be the perfect opportunity to put out a 'feeler bet' to see what her intentions towards you are. If you stick her in the worst possible situation (feeler bet), and all she does is rave about how great a time she had (call), she only wants your dough.

If she complains about not knowing anyone and yadda yadda (Pot sized raise), then she may ACTUALLY want to get to know YOU, not your wallet.

Just be prepared to fold or raise all-in after you get the information you were looking for.

Fold = Cut the 'party date' short and have an awesome backup plan.

Push = Cut her loose with some cab fare and pick up some stray poon.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dumb. Life is not a p*ker game and aside from the crappy metaphors, the advice is terrible.