Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone else think empire should make a move

Maybe you don't understand Party's customer base.
What is the name of your online poker site?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you don't understand Party's customer base.
What is the name of your online poker site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Discounted services has worked in every major industry in the world. I named car insurance and motels, but this applies to every major industry. If you think people are so dumb they dont understand what "half the cost of other major poker rooms" is then well I think you underestimate people. Everyone is looking for a deal. This includes smart people, dumb people, fish, sharks and my 5 year old. Discounted services has never been tried by a major poker room... yet everyone seems to know it will not work... just like it has not worked for discounted stock broker services, dollar stores, or millions of other businesses. Yes cutting the rake without advertising is nothing but if they advertise in big letters that they take half the money from you that the other poker roooms do well I am not so sure they would not pull in business. Of course it is much better for empire to pack their bags instead of trying something new.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:07 PM

No.

zerorake.com

you are wrong.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

zerorake.com

you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Major poker room. Just because discounted car insurance did not work for some guy sitting in his basement by his phone does not mean it would not work for a company that has an established client base, sound business plan, and has the money to advertise.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:11 PM

What is the name of your online poker site again?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the name of your online poker site again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever just let it die. You are right, no chance for it to work. And you are wayyy smarter than the average person, who cant decipher what half is.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:16 PM

Can Empire or skins even set what the rake is? I thought that was a Party only decision. If only Party can change the rake, could it boost the rake on the skin network without the skins' approval?

WiteKnite
Old 10-09-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can Empire or skins even set what the rake is? I thought that was a Party only decision. If only Party can change the rake, could it boost the rake on the skin network without the skins' approval?

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about Noble poker. Empire bought it a while back. Yes it is on a network and this would be complicated but the network is small and it might be able to be done. It wont be able to be done for Empire itself obviously.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:33 PM

Half? Try zero. I think it has been shown that % of rake is a very small factor of why people choose to play at a particular site.

Automobiles get you from point A to point B. That is their entire function. Yet, people go out and spend way more for a Lexus, when a Honda will do the same thing. In fact, they will buy the newest model Lexus right when it first comes out, knowing that it will probably be cheaper in 6 months.

Think those people are going to gamble at one site over another because of 2.5% less rake? Or will flashy comercials and the ability to make side bets have a bigger sway over their choice?

What was the name of your site? I'm interested in that half rake deal.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Half? Try zero. I think it has been shown that % of rake is a very small factor of why people choose to play at a particular site.

Automobiles get you from point A to point B. That is their entire function. Yet, people go out and spend way more for a Lexus, when a Honda will do the same thing. In fact, they will buy the newest model Lexus right when it first comes out, knowing that it will probably be cheaper in 6 months.

Think those people are going to gamble at one site over another because of 2.5% less rake? Or will flashy comercials and the ability to make side bets have a bigger sway over their choice?

What was the name of your site? I'm interested in that half rake deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, let it die, no need to ever try something new. A car is a status symbol, where you play on-line poker is not something the whole block is gonna see... but whatever you are right. And these same people that are gonna spend their money on an expensive car will fight tooth and nail to get the best price on it.