Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Phone Call from Party (LC)

Sorry if this isn't worth a new thread, but...

Sitting here at work and get a call on my cell phone. The number shows up as 1000000000. I answer and it's a recording of Mike Sexton telling me about a special offer from Party. It says to check my email or log into my account to see.

Well, nothing in the email and I'm at work, so no logging into my client. I'm guessing it's the same stupid offer as the 1335 pts. for $95 I got as the popup and email yesterday.

It just seems they have no timing and synchronization across their platforms. Weird.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Phone Call from Party (LC)

I just got the call too. And I got the email yesterday stating the same thing the popup had for points.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 AM

Here I was going to start a thread...

Very disturbing to have Mike Sexton randomly call me.

He must be busy with all these calls today.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 10-06-2005, 11:19 AM

I got a "Restricted Call" while I was in class yesterday. I was assuming it was Party since the only time I've gotten a restricted call is from them. However, I've received no e-mails or pop-ups.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:15 PM

I got it, too, and since I was already annoyed with the re: the crapulent bonus, I sent off an e-mail. I had previously complained about this month's bonus (see the thread in the Internet forum entitled "my letter to party (long), and their initial response" for the content of the previous letter, if interested), and I responded to their response with this:

"Thank you for your response.

I have another question regarding this promotion - is this points for cash thing what you called me about today? I received a call from Mike Sexton telling me to check my e-mail to learn about the "most generous bonus" Party Poker has ever offered.

1.) If the points for cash bonus is what he was/you were calling about, this is nowhere near the most generous offer ever. It is a terrible offer. Do not call me on my phone to inform me of terrible offers.
2.) If the points for cash thing is not what the phone call was about, I did not receieve any e-mail regarding any (non-terrible) bonus offer.
3.) Regardless of 1.) or 2.), I do not want to be called by you. I don't mind receiving e-mails - in fact, I appreciate it. Calling my contact number (which is a cell phone, - and incidentally, cell phones are illegal to contact in the US with telemarketing calls) is an undue invasion. Your call came while I was at work. This must not happen again, period. The only time I would want to be contacted by you would be if it were confirmed by e-mail first, or if there was some kind of emergency situation or urgent business that needed to be attended to. Otherwise DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN.

At any rate, I appreciate the previous response to my e-mail. Also, thank you for letting me know about that IGM bonus. I'll play it out and then consider once again whether or not I'm going to continue on with PartyPoker. I can assure you, however, that between the bad bonus offer this month and the unsolicited phone call, you are rapidly fading in my eyes, and I am still strongly considering switching my online poker provider.

Sincerely-

-(my full name)"

Lousy PP. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-bb.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:22 PM

i was in class and when i got back i saw a voicemail from 0000000000 and it was mike sexton telling me to check my email for a great offer. what a joke
Old 10-06-2005, 01:30 PM

I got the call as I was reading this thread [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the call as I was reading this thread [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 3 missed calls from "000000000000000" on my cell phone
Old 10-06-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling my contact number (which is a cell phone, - and incidentally, cell phones are illegal to contact in the US with telemarketing calls) is an undue invasion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, you agreed to being called when you agreed to the Terms of Service.

Read those contracts in the future, and don't agree to ones that will bother you this much.

HTH.