Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Some people live in a word with no tells?

I don't play live very often but when I do it is very common for me to run into one of these guys. They live in a world with no tells! They don't see other peoples tells and they have no idea that they are giving off tells like crazy.

Here are few things I have noticed about these types.

1. They talk almost non-stop.

2. They have trouble sitting still.

3. They crave attention.

4. They never think they could be wrong about anything. And they think they are experts at everything.

5. They complain lots but never seem to get very mad about anything. They don't blame themselves or others they find a third imaginary party to take the blame.

6. They are loud.

7. They really like quiet non-confrontational types like myself. I am very confrontational in a poker game but always nice in my real life relations unless someone has really stepped out of line. If I push them around in the game I always say I got lucky or was trying to save them money by betting my hand or some other bs. I think most poker players here are like this. Trying to be nice to the fish and all.

8. They all play poker differently but they are all bad because they can't see a tell and they don't realize they are giving them off.

To sum it up they come across as lonely desperate people that no one likes but this has made them oblivious to the tells people give out to people they don't like so they become really annoying.

So what is the problem?

Well I need to find a way to get rid of these guys when I leave the table. I don't want to have dinner with them, go golfing or be giving them my phone number. But I have a hard time being a jerk to them as they give me lots of money so I try to be nice. But they take it to far if you let them. How do you keep them at the proper distance?

They remind me of the guy in Seinfeld that always wanted to have lunch with Jerry just because he liked being around him it made him feel important or something. Take the jacket back I say it’s not worth it!

Has anyone else meet these people or am I just freaking out here?

Sorry for the long post I'm just venting.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Some people live in a word with no tells?

so you're saying that other poker players want to hang out with you after you take their money? seems like they are either extremely lonely, or you are sending the wrong signals to them...are you playing at the blue oyster?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you're saying that other poker players want to hang out with you after you take their money? seems like they are either extremely lonely, or you are sending the wrong signals to them...are you playing at the blue oyster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yipes I didn't think about that no women players have done this to me yet. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yipes I didn't think about that no women players have done this to me yet. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps they are seeing some tells after all . . . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Default No ask No tell

These are just fish -- playing poker is a social event.
Move up in stakes. They won't go away (you hope), but they can also afford companionship.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:36 AM

will you be my friend?