Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM

Default AQ Check-up

Hand 1

Villain is a solid 28/20 tag. What's the best flop play?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls or raises?

Hand 2

Villain is loose, but of unknown aggression. What's the turn play?

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets or checks?

Hand 3

UTG is 50/20, a lag preflop but pretty passive after. CO is a 69/40 maniac but he has not been getting out of line postflop for awhile. Still, he is capable of anything. This one felt sort of futile.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: AQ Check-up

Hand 3, I can't think of any other way of playing except maybe raising the river to knock out a low PP for UTG. Read dependent of course.

In hand 2, I think I bet. I can't imagine I can call a bet if I check since my hand sucks.

In hand 1, I think the risk of getting 3bet is worth the chance to clear out the field and the slim slim chance you get a free card.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM

1-call
2-check
3-I think its gotta be fold or riase, cant let utg overcall with some pocket pair.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2-check

[/ QUOTE ]

Check fold seems weak [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-I think its gotta be fold or riase, cant let utg overcall with some pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is I don't think he'll fold a PP on this board. I actually really really considered a turn c/r but I decided UTG wouldn't fold a better hand since it would look so much like an isolation of the maniac--and of course it risks a ton of bets. It seems like the river would be even more transparent.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2-check

[/ QUOTE ]

Check fold seems weak [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well the thing is, if you bet, he is gonna call for sure with any diamond( or pair or wahtever else), and might raise with a big one. And if he just calls, then you are stuck in the same spot on the river.

I think I check call the turn, and check fold the river. if you have been sexying and screwplaying enough, maye you will get lucky and he will check one of them through [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 05:07 PM

Hand 1: Call much more often than raise. Raise more often if SB has a weak image of you and go for cheap showdown and don't do this again on this table until the TAG leaves.
Hand 2: Against loose unknown, check-fold this 50%, bet-fold 40% and check-call or check-raise 10%.
Hand 3: Consider checking flop occasionally, especially if you like to check-raise maniacs even after capping the flop. If you think your hand will still be good on the turn often, then the way you played it is best.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:43 PM

Hand 1: I raise if I think I can fold out MP and Button. Otherwise, I call.

Hand 2: Check-fold. This also sets up some nice checkraising opportunities in subsequent hands.

Hand 3: Tough, tough spot. Not really sure if there is a correct play on this hand. Maybe fold the river since it looks like UTG wants to show this down and when he doesn't CO might actually have a hand. Your best play might have been to 3-bet the flop and see if you could fold UTG right there.