Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Jokerswild Is Already Back Posting...

...under the username "notilting".

Anyone who knows jokerswild and who takes the time to read notilting's total of 5 posts will KNOW that it is he, returned.

I would like to have his newest username banned, but as he has directed his latest attack against me, I would prefer that someone else please ban him.

It also probably might not hurt to identify him publicly as jokerswild (hence it is preferable that someone who is familiar with jokerswild do it, as they will immediately recognize the unmistakable style and typical content of notilting's 5 posts).

Thanks to Mat or to whomever else might do this banning.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Jokerswild Is Already Back Posting...

If you're not willing to ban posters making improper posts in the forum you moderate, then you shouldn't be a moderator.

Do it yourself.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're not willing to ban posters making improper posts in the forum you moderate, then you shouldn't be a moderator.

Do it yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, I am certainly willing and even eager to do it. But when I banned jokerswild the first time, Mat said he supported the banning but questioned it only on the basis that it might be perceived poorly due to the fact that I was also the target of attack. This situation is similar, as the "new" jokerswild has just called me the Grand Dragon and compared me to the Ku Klux Klan.

Don't worry, if nobody else does it, I WILL do it. I did however receive a LOT of flak on the forum after the first banning from posters who felt I that I should have recused myself (naturally, the only ones giving me flak about it were those who also disagreed with my political views). So maybe there is something to be said for having someone other than the target of attack actually execute the banning.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 AM

Ban the poster and don't say anything about it.

As far as discussion about any decision you make, I've been deleting any threads about moderation in the WPT forum and PMing the OP to tell him to PM me with any questions or comments.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as discussion about any decision you make, I've been deleting any threads about moderation in the WPT forum and PMing the OP to tell him to PM me with any questions or comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may well start doing this too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Fine; I Banned Him

known list of aliases to this point, in historical order:

1.Ray Springfield

2. lol!

3. jokerswild

4. notilting

There may also have been another alias I can't recall, which would have fallen somewhere between Ray Springfield and jokerswild.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may well start doing this too. Thanks for the suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quickly realized that threads about moderation cause far more problems than they solve.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to have his newest username banned, but as he has directed his latest attack against me, I would prefer that someone else please ban him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest that we create an anonymous moderator account that any moderator can use to ban or send warnings anonymously when desired. It could simply have the username "Forum Moderator".
Old 09-06-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest that we create an anonymous moderator account that any moderator can use to ban or send warnings anonymously when desired. It could simply have the username "Forum Moderator".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a bad idea.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 PM

Why?