Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2002, 02:08 PM

Default 5/10 hand - Very little to learn, but a happy ending!

Here is a big hand from 5/10 PP that I got involved in. Before I get flamed, there is not a whole lot to learn from this hand, but I thought it would be a nice change of pace from the usual "my AA got cracked by 26o on the river"! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] BTW, the hand immediately before this hand, my AQs got "cracked" by A4o on the river (a four hit on the river for a pair!), but I digress…

I am UTG with 8h9h and I call. (The only reason I call here is because the table had been running VERY loose but passive and the table is only 7 handed at the moment). The next 2 guys call, the CO and both blinds call. 6 see the flop for one bet! (did I say, passive!) [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

*** FLOP *** : [ 6h 7s Th ]

Well lookey here! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I got the nut straight, with a flush and straight flush draw! Having been burnt by slowplaying flopped straights before, I decide to play this fast.

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, 2 MPs fold, Button reraises, SB caps it, I call and Button calls. OK, at this point, I cam putting one of these guys on a big flush draw and another on a big set. I am BTW, grinning from ear to ear with all the action! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

*** TURN *** : [ 6h 7s Th ] [ 2c ]

Best card in the deck for me (except the 7h of course!)

SB bets, I raise, Button reraises, SB calls, I cap it, ALL CALL!!!

*** RIVER *** : [ 6h 7s Th 2c ] [ Jh ]

NO!!!! NOT A HEART!!! Damn. I figure I am screwed here. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

SB bets out (of course) and I make the crying call and the Button FOLDS! (wow, who folds getting 23:1 odds?) [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

SB shows 4h5h!!!!!! And I take down a very large pot. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Now, the Button commented that he folded 89! Never would have thought that! Would anyone out there fold the nut straight for one BB in a 23 BB pot?

Like I said, not a whole lot to learn from this, other than as a story with a happy ending!

Pfrese
Old 11-18-2002, 06:34 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: 5/10 hand - Very little to learn, but a happy ending!

with that much action on a passive table, i may figure that i may have 17 outs that can beat me....i know this because ive also lost with this type of holding...except i flopped an A high, nut str8 with the nut flush draw, and lost on the river. maybe im jaded, but i just dont get too excited until they push me the pot...

"Having been burnt by slowplaying flopped straights before, I decide to play this fast"

some of these losses you may have lost anyways regardless of if you played fast or not. and yes, there are times when you fold a str8 on big pots when the flush gets there. there are times to trust your read. the other guy, if he really had it, saved a bet on the river here...credit him for a good read...

b
Old 11-19-2002, 01:05 PM

Default Ni Han, n/t