Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 04-24-2005, 08:34 AM

Default I am in the WSOP also!!

Absolute has a tournament leader board each week. Points are accumulated for finishing in the top 3 in SNG's and top 18 in multi's. The winner each week plays Mark Seif for $1000. If he wins the $1000 rolls forward and they add $1000 more.

Two weeks ago I was stuck at home because of a medical problem. I decided to try for the TLB. 60 hours of online poker later I was the weekly winner (up $1700 in the process in tournaments).

The following Saturday was the first head up match. It ended up not starting on time and AP added $500 to the pot for the problem. Any monkey could have won this one. The second hand I was dealt 88, the flop was 8Tx, and the turn 8. I played it terrible and reraised Mark when the quads came. He went into the tank for about a minute announced that he had AA and threw it away. The next hand I got AA and got a few more chips. Mark was crippled at this point and pushed with Axs, I called with 77 and 10 minutes into the match it was all over and I was up $1500.

Last Friday was the match for the $10K WSOP seat. This turned into a long drawn out affair with very very few rivers being seen. 25 minutes in I had him down 2300 to 700 in chips. We got it all in on the turn on a board of 245x. Mark had A3 and I had K2. THis put us right back to almost even. I can't really remember any hands after that for the next 20 minutes (I had no intention of posting any of this so took no notes and AP has no hand histories for tournaments). The hand that ended it was a club flush draw for me with over cards (Mark had $30 left at the end of the hand so I don't know what he had). My Q and a Q on the river gave me the pot and in essence the tournament.

I haven't heard yet if AP is paying for anything other than the entry fee. Regardless I am very thankful as I am on total freeroll and already have $1500 from them and $1700 in tournament wins from the week that I qualified.

I know that AP has been getting alot of bad press right now but I have nothing but good to say about them.

Mike
"ViolentFish on AP"
Old 04-24-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: I am in the WSOP also!!

Nice kickass performance.

I love it when one of these TV "pros" gets his azz handed to them. Pity it wasn't Phil Hellmouth.

Your qualification process is the most interesting and +EV that I've seen so far. Congrats. I'm green with envy. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 09:20 AM

If the package you won doesn't include expense money....I have an idea:

Golden Palace is paying people 15,000 dollars to walk around with a temporary tattoo of their name on their forehead, right? How much would they pay for you to do the same...AT THE WSOP.

Or

have an ebay auction and sell the rights to wear a shirt and/or hat of whatever the winner wants...as long as it is not offensive. Start the auction at whatever amount you come with as your expenses. My guess would be 3-4 grand (hey you want to do it right don't you). Anything above that is gravy money.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:22 AM

Brilliant.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:37 AM

Two good ideas but . . . no thanks. Since I plan on winning the tournament, both of these will only hurt my later endorsement deals [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 09:43 AM

Congratulations!
Wont you have to wear Absolute stuff?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations!
Wont you have to wear Absolute stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I am on a total freeroll - I will probably be loaded down with AP goods.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Golden Palace is paying people 15,000 dollars to walk around with a temporary tattoo of their name on their forehead, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, are you serious? I would totally do this. Where can I sign up for this? Haha.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:19 AM

Congrats Nick! That is awesome. I won $1,500 in an Absolute freeroll so I have nothing, but good things to say about them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I plan on winning the tournament, both of these will only hurt my later endorsement deals [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your attitude. Congratulations and good luck.
=TomBk