Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Peyton after two quarters...

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say they each play 10 more years and are eligible 5 years after that. That's 15 years from now.

OK, providing neither of them suffers a serious injury before age 33 and we both are still alive when the first one is inducted, you're on for $10,000.

Clarification: TOM Brady & PAYTON Manning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, Kurn; From what I think I know about you, us BOTH being alive ~15 years from now is the toughest caveat on here. I'm 34 and a sprightly 155lbs.

I believe I've seen you're pushing 50 hard, pushing 3 baloons harder(maybe from the wrong direction...), and just as likely to bite it wiping out on your Harley or having a heart attack after shagging a honey in Sturgis as you are to be around in 15.

If I have you mischaracterized above, substitute "ejDo" for "harley", and "be'Hom" and "Qo'noS" for "honey" and "Sturgis".

Otherwise, I'm down for the bet. Obviously, the logistics would have to be worked out, but I'm sure you wouldn't lay'Ha on me...
Old 09-27-2004, 06:05 PM

Who said anything about unilateral? You're being very disingenuous in suggesting that this was an impartial decision which the colts, as an organization, had nothing to do with. There is no shame in admitting Bill Polian was a significant factor in this renewed emphasis (regardless of his PR statements to the contrary), as well Rich McKay, and coaches like Mike Martz, Bill Cowher and Mike Holmgren who, amongst others, vociferously supported this renewed emphasis as well.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. When somebody stops addressing my arguments and accuses me of whining, I consider that a point in my favor. Hooray for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you think you are? A special prosecutor or something?
I addressed all your supposed arguments once point by point. If you didn't get it the first time I'm not going to allow a cross examination. Unless of course you have suppena powers.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:17 PM

ok, maybe you caught me out on a limb a little bit. But keep in mind I was responding to a poster who had just claimed that the emphasis was changed solely because of the Colts' "whining." I apologize if my response to your post came off as crass.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Asking why Brady wasn't so great in 2002 is really disingeuous. He was Super Bowl MVP in 2001, in 2002 the Pats were 9-7 and missed the playoffs on the 3rd tie breaker and he was Super Bowl MVP in 2003. I think a lot of NFL quarterbacks would be envious of that record.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kurt Warner has been Superbowl MVP once AND league MVP twice in the last 5 years. Want him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Over Brady, no. But before he hurt his hand, yes, I would take Kurt Warner on my team. Btw, he hasn't looked too shabby the last two weeks.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:50 PM

I'm 53 & could stand to drop 50 lb. So, yeah, the actuarial tables favor you. On the other hand there's no history of coronary disease in my family and my cholesterol has never been higher than 150. Knowing my family history, the smart money's on cancer to do me in at around 70, so give or take a couple of years on my time clock or the QB's retirement date, I may get to collect (or pay off).

By the way, the bet is who gets in quickest after retirement, not just who gets in 1st. Otherwise it's a sucker bet since Manning's older and likely to be eligible before Brady.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 PM

And JTrout, you think league MVP means anything?

yes. something.

Please, Manning would trade any MVP award for a ring in a nanosecond.

I'm sure you are correct on this point.

The MVP of the league is Bill Belichek.

you're off track here. the "P" stands for player! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Players and teams are measured by one thing and one thing only - championships. Period

He'll then be relegated to Marino status and not Montana status. Great QB, never won the big one.

These statements are contradictory. How can you become "great" if you are measured by one thing, and one thing only, and you didn't achieve it? (The answer: you are measured by more than one thing.)
Old 09-28-2004, 12:18 AM

Yep, strictly based on eligibility. So if BOTH get in first year/ballot, it's a tied bet. Again, we'd have to iron specifics, but otherwise, yer on.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 53 & could stand to drop 50 lb. So, yeah, the actuarial tables favor you. On the other hand there's no history of coronary disease in my family and my cholesterol has never been higher than 150. Knowing my family history, the smart money's on cancer to do me in at around 70, so give or take a couple of years on my time clock or the QB's retirement date, I may get to collect (or pay off).

By the way, the bet is who gets in quickest after retirement, not just who gets in 1st. Otherwise it's a sucker bet since Manning's older and likely to be eligible before Brady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you Kurn, i spend 20 minutes searching for a Klingon Dictionary, and you don't even acknowledge it.

Hab SoSlI' Quch!