Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal diss

How does invoking the name of Hitler invalidate his opinion?

Because it's hyperbolic and completely innacurate. The Nazi reference is so overused that those who use it only serve to minimize the true enormity of Nazi Germany.

Then there's the Jewish thing. Calling the President who is the staunchest supporter of Israel in US History "Hitler-like" is so laughable that I fear I demean myself for even lowering myself to answer.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And regarding the OP's post and criticisms of his using sources that compare a president he doesn't like to Hitler, how would you feel if I used sources comparing a leftwing politician to Lenin? Trying to paint a politician and his views as exremely radical one way or the other is usually just a case of political hackjob demagoguery by a person who only cares about persuading others to his views and doesn't care if he uses false sources or misleading conclusions to do so, in addition to perhaps not having a firm grasp of logic in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with this in the least; but I don't think political demagoguery is trolling -- it's just par for the course. I don't think you have to look far in the ranks of politicians, media punditry, etc. to find a demagogue or two. We should certainly expect to find some level of demagoguery here.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:57 PM

He didnt call him hitler-like, he called his tactic of using an unending war to stifle internal dissent hitler-like, which is true.

GWB loves the Jewish state because it is a prerequisite for the rapture. what happens to the Jews during the rapture anyway?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 PM

GWB loves the Jewish state because it is a prerequisite for the rapture. what happens to the Jews during the rapture anyway?

Well, hold on a minute. Some Christian fundies support Israel for that reason, true, but it's a stretch to sat that Dubya does. More likely he supports israel because they're the only true republic in the region, but I guess that doesn't fit your Weltanschauung.

As for what happens to Jews in the event of the Rapture, I believe devout Jews, like devout Christians get whisked up to the firmament while the rest of us sinners have to stay here and deal with the tribulation.

But why trust the word of an avowed unbeliever like me. I'd suggest you try Rapture Ready instead. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 04:20 PM

The best part is the Rapture Index. I'm bookmarking it. That site rocks.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:21 PM

I think he supports Israel because they are our client state and proxy army in the region.

I believe that it is a falacy that our government cares about the nature of foreign countries' political systems unless vilifing them is convienent for us with respect to propaganda.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:34 PM

I especially like the hate mail from the post-trib and mid-trib Rapture supporters
Old 12-29-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal dissent?

yes
Old 12-29-2005, 05:21 AM

So, to answer the OP, I'd like to know what the title of this thread and the content of the OP have to do with each other?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 AM

Its a quote (that is true) from the link I posted.