Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:59 PM

Default $2/5 PL - AJo

I have $700 and the table has me covered.

Several limpers, I limp on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB completes, BB checks

Flop $35 - A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks to a good LAG who bets $30, folds to me, I pot raise $95 more, folds back to LAG who raises $200 more, I ???

my image is very tight. i've played like 1 hand in the hour before this one.

a) muck and say, "two pair is good"
b) call
c) push

the LAG has about $5K in front of him and most pots are being straddled to $20, so i think he limps with any two for $5.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: $2/5 PL - AJo

I can't do anything else but fold here. I'd just call the flop. You keep the pot small, and underrepresent your hand a bit so you can get action from a worse hand. I can't see any value in you raise, esp. with a tight image.

Oh, and BTW I raise this preflop.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:16 PM

Raise Pre-flop. Call on the flop. He could have anything. I wouldn't want the pot to get bloated with TPMK.

As played, I think you I fold, two pair from the villian is really likely. Unless you have a good read on him, I think I lay it down.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM

As the hand played out, I think this is an easy fold. Considering this is a rainbow board his reraise is telling you that he can beat a one pair hand. Anyways I would have called the flop bet and use your position to evaluate on the turn. I also think its OK to limp with AJ most of the time, but you should raise every once in awhile and thin the field. But if your gonna limp, you have to be willing to throw the hand away in a situation like this when you are under heavy pressure.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:34 PM

When you fold you shouldn't say anything.

Let the doubt linger in his mind that you were just str8 up trying to put a move on him.