Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-03-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Final hand. A fun one.

Entity:

I'd like to hear why you like your flop bet here better than you liked my flop bet in the hand we discussed in the SS forum a couple days ago.

Edit:

For those not familiar, this was the flop bet Entity and I discussed.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets

Would just like to discuss differences that make one flop bet better than the other here.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another way to think about it.

For everytime you bet, do you get 2 or 3 callers as often as you get 1 caller?

For everytime you get check raised, do you get 2-3 people seeing the river as often as you get 1?

Yeah, still seems like an easy bet. Just too much equity with 1/3rd of the deck on your side.

So basically the only time a turn bet is bad is when you only get 1 caller or you get checkraised and it's heads up. I'm convinced these scenrios are in the minority.

Thanks for staying with my rambling.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't all true, but close. It's dependent on what your opponents have. There is value with more than 1 opponent calling or even raising depending on what your opponents have. If one of them have something like a set, you're getting the worst of it.

This is why I do not like a raise in many scenarios on the turn here. It eliminates a lot of the scenarios we need to make putting money in on the turn here +EV. This, of course, depends on the % of time the bettor (and everyone behind us) will fold since it really is a semi-bluff.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Entity:

I'd like to hear why you like your flop bet here better than you liked my flop bet in the hand we discussed in the SS forum a couple days ago.

Edit:

For those not familiar, this was the flop bet Entity and I discussed.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets

Would just like to discuss differences that make one flop bet better than the other here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the best hand against 2 horrible limper/coldcallers on this flop a fair amount of the time (yes, they often have draws), and I've got a crapload of initiative after a preflop cap on a K-high board. You're in an online game where no one trusts anyone, you've got Q-high and you don't get any chance to figure out what to have when they call or when they raise, and Q-high isn't winning you UI at showdown.

Rob
Old 12-03-2005, 03:37 PM

If your opponents weren't such passive [censored] (your LAG has an AF of 1.0?) I don't think I'd continuation bet this flop. Luckily for you, your opponents are passive [censored].

Edit: What a wierd word to censor out.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your opponents weren't such passive [censored] (your LAG has an AF of 1.0?) I don't think I'd continuation bet this flop. Luckily for you, your opponents are passive [censored].

Edit: What a wierd word to censor out.

[/ QUOTE ]

An AF of 1 is pretty high (obviously this is live so it's just a guess and a notation to help PT-centered people) but he's a donkbettor with any pair and any draw very frequently. I've seen him go 4 bets on the flop against a preflop 3-bettor with Q7o on a QT4 board.

Rob
Old 12-03-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF I might just call the limp-reraise. He's a LAG, but are you sure you're not dominated by a better ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He's raised A5o in EP on multiple occasions. This isn't just any old LRR, either. It's an overlimp-reraise. My favorite.

Rob
Old 12-03-2005, 04:14 PM

lol....nice.

I think that'll do it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]