Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: KK makes an easy river fold

Folding to the turn cap would be terrible, horrible, no good, very bad poker.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:49 AM

Another reason for not 3-betting the turn is that being capped sucks, since you can't fold.

I'd just call twice. If you 3-bet and fold you're giving up your opportunity to catch a deuce or a king and possibly suckout.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You give no postflop reads on villain so hard to give a real solid response but if you are not going to call the river then may as well fold to the turn cap. If he has a set it's going to be 8's (most likely)and his turn cap tells me he has no fear of you holding a higher set. I put him on a flopped str8 and you're drawing dead. Even if it is only a set of 8's you don't have the odds to draw to your set.

I disagree with your river fold. Their are enough tags/lags that would 4 bet with as little as AQ. You only need to be correct7% of the time to make the river call profitable. Bottom line is less agression on the turn and see the showdown.

Wait. One other likely hand for him is QJ which will also be willing to cap this turn knowing how unlikely it would be for you to hold QQ/JJ. So I guess you played it right cause you have the odds to draw to counterfeit his hand. I have no problem with the river fold. It's calling the turn cap I'm just a little vague on

[/ QUOTE ]