Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Do I have two bonuses now

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why i didn't get that email. Anyone else that haven't got it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to receive any emails from them other than "you are in the VIP club and we will contact you shortly with an offer"

That email was on the 7th

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash out and see how fast they contact you...
Old 11-16-2005, 04:49 PM

Bob,

The flaw in your system is that it does not reward players playing at higher stakes with more cash back.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

The flaw in your system is that it does not reward players playing at higher stakes with more cash back.

[/ QUOTE ]

And especially higher-limit 6-max / SH players who are generating more MGR per raked hand.

Besides, Bob's examples are too low!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:50 PM

well....it wouldn't be too hard to make adjustments for higher limit players as opposed to lower, etc etc.
You get the general point that they can just TELL YOU how much you can make at each level.
That encourages some players to perhaps play higher than they would play otherwise (which party should want).

OR.....they could just give you a percentage of your MGR back.
But they call that 'rake-back' and that is supposedly EVIL.

I really don't see the big freaking difference between what they are doing with their VIP club which is supposed to be all wonderful...and traditional rake-back which they make so damn sure to tell you is what they are NOT doing.

Why the hell can't they just call it rake-back and do it in an intelligent fashion?

Basically, why are some sites so opposed to calling it that magic, little word? It just seems stupid to me.

Hell, I get e-mails all the time from Gaming Club that 10 'lucky' players will be getting 100% of their rake-back this weekend.
Other sites seem fine to endorse real rake-back on their sites (true-poker, crypto and prima all seem to fall into this category from what I've seen...but haven't paid much attention).

Why can't party just call it rake-back, save themselves some money by not having to pay all these VIP-reps their salaries, and save everybody a huge head-ache trying to figure out what it going on.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 PM

I sent a similar email, and they responded saying that they used my 1st half of november gaming in order to justify raising my bonus.

"Of course this is just the beginning! In December we will surprise you with another exciting VIP Club offer for the holiday season."

The only thing surprising about it might be how awful their offer is in Dec.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:06 PM

I cashed out and sent an email that their offer was unacceptable. They've called 13 times over the past two days. I'm not answering. I hate them.

On a brighter note, it looked like pokerstars had more players than party for a while last night...
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a brighter note, it looked like pokerstars had more players than party for a while last night...

[/ QUOTE ]

The number of players online comparison is completely irrelevant to the average player, as poker stars numbers are pumped up by an excessive number of players playing freerolls, micro stakes, and play money tables.

No poker room comes anywhere close to Party's ring game selection at "reasonable" stakes and up.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:38 PM

Just for information, I got the same deal: an offer made over the phone based on raked hands for the month, and an offer in email and pop-up based on Party points in the last two weeks of the month.

I just emailed the VIP people and have been told in no uncertain terms that both bonuses are indeed available.

Guy.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:35 PM

That's great news. Hope I'm as fortunate too.

I finally heard back from a different guy this time...because I sent the e-mail to BOTH my vip-rep AND to vip@pp

No idea if my vip-rep isn't there anymore or what...but the new guy told me to direct any further questions directly to him. Interesting.

Anyway - he told me that my original offer of $1250 for 30k rh's is going to be honored (I just asked "is my first offer still good?" I didn't ask specifically "do I get both offers?")

he didn't say anything about the more recent offer of another $200 for 9k points (or whatever it was) which, at least, means that he didn't say that I WASN'T going to get it.

I'm not going to ask specifically if I'm getting both.
If they don't give it to me then I'll send them back the e-mail that says I'm supposed to have another $200.