Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: party 3/6 facing tough turn raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to talk more about the flop. I see absolutely no reason to checkraise. Just bet out. I think the turn is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I checkraised because I always checkraise. I am not sure if there is much of a difference whether or not I checkraise, except it gives me a little more deception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting is better because you can't identify who will bet the flop and letting it get checked through is bad. The pot is small so 1 bet is plenty to protect your hand anyway.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:37 PM

If everyone has a super read on you that you only bet with top pair medium kicker or better and never CR with it, well try a checkraise this time. But they dont, so just bet in this tiny pot. If they always fold start to add more hands and bluffs instead of trying to be tricky.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 PM

calls and check/folds the river UI.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? We ain't gettin' odds, Homes, and villain isn't checking behind here nearly enough to make up what is a pretty substantial equity gap.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? We ain't gettin' odds, Homes, and villain isn't checking behind here nearly enough to make up what is a pretty substantial equity gap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the combination of him a) being on a draw, b) making a free showdown raise with a chopping/inferior hand and c) leaving us in a position drawing to 5 outs warrents a river peel getting 7:1. I could be wrong, but given this guys stats I think he has a narrow range of hands that he open limps with in middle position (JTs, QTs, Axs, and some pairs). Furthermore, 14/12 are usually pretty aggro and raising the turn with draws think they have FE with the A out there is not out of the question.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:27 PM

phew. im glad someone spoke up.

in the real hand i folded, but i should have looked at his agression numbers before i did so.

the thought of a 14/11 limping is a bit odd. looking back on the hand I have a feeling he had KT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something like that and i made a bad fold. although in the heat of the moment its hard to put someone on exactly that hand. i just cant see him with a big ace when i think about it really hard. maybe ace rag of spades but what kind of 14/11 limps with that??

i think if his turn and river agression are high enough it could justify calling this down. does anyone agree?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to talk more about the flop. I see absolutely no reason to checkraise. Just bet out. I think the turn is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason Malmuth has said that one of the reasons that limit hold'em is so damned hard is exactly deciding whether or not to bet or check/raise flops on hands like this.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:08 PM

i really dislike not leading this flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:09 PM

just now?