Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: QJo, turn pickle

[ QUOTE ]
If you think you are gonna be bluff raised frequently when you bet this turn you are probably better off checking and calling a river bet despite the fact that if you are ahead he probably has a lot of outs to either a split or a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason i'd never consider checking here is because i get bluffraised on the turn so infrequently in 3/6 that I can't honestly say that I ever remember getting bluf raised on the turn period.

If this were 10/20 6max there would be a stronger argument for calling this down I think.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a spade?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it obvious I do not have a spade?

Quote:

What are the "xx" on the flop?

Insignificant cards that I don't remember, that don't have anything to do with the hand. Hence, the x.

Quote:

What's your read on BB?

I don't have one. I play 6-10 tables at once. Unless I notice someone unusual I simply assume they are a typical 3/6 idiot. If I think someone is out of line I normally note that in a post. But then again when people are out of line my decisions are often much easier.

So thanks for your (a) thoughtful and (b) meaningful response. Oh wait. None of the important and really basic info that you "require" is actually important at all. Please check all douches at the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my better judgment I will waste 3 more minutes of my life responding to your disrespectful post. First, it does appear that you don't have a spade. Why couldn't you just say that? Is your time too valuable to include it? Mine certainly is guessing about it. Second, the "xx" is rarely insignificant. If you don't understand that then, quite frankly, you're likely not much of a player. Third, is your comment about 6-10 tabling supposed to impress? It doesn't. I seven or eight table 30/60; does that make me a stud? No, it just means I play a lot of tables at once. If you're suggesting that reads are unimportant when multi-tabling that's idiotic. There's this amazing thing called pokertracker that, if used properly, will give you all kinds of useful information that some players can use to actually help them make decisions about how best to play a hand -- like this one, for example.

There are many excellent players who post on this forum; a player of your apparent calibre would do well to take whatever advice they are kind enough to offer rather than responding with ignorant insults and attitude.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:35 PM

I've taken the liberty of assigning x and x as 9 and 8, respectively. You now have a straight on the turn, i would put in a third bet.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 PM

yay, flame war

no, my time is not "too valuable" to spend writing in whether or not i have a spade. in fact, my time is not very valuable at all. but i am also not dumb enough to ask a question like this and leave out the fact that I have a four flush. sheesh.

and i will have to disagree with you about x and x being insignificant. I think they are often insignificant, especially in cases where i label them as "x." I don't think they can get more insignificant than that. I don't even remember what they were! but i do remember that the turn was a ten. because I thought that was important.

and no, saying that i 6 table is not meant to impress. if i wanted to impress you i'd say how incredibly average looking i am, how much my car sucks, and how bad my grades are.

i do not use playerview, or gametime, or whatever that program is that one uses to view those stats during gameplay. i do not even think that the decision here would be any easier if i told you this guy was a 30/15 as opposed to a 20/10. but maybe I am wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

There are many excellent players who post on this forum; a player of your apparent calibre would do well to take whatever advice they are kind enough to offer rather than responding with ignorant insults and attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

zing! you wouldn't know anything about ignorant insults and attitude, would you?

and please tell me "xx is rarely insignificant" isn't your idea of advice from an excellent player.

so should I fold, or what?