Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-17-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Getting aggro in a $50

I really don't like this play. Villian has a pair and is calling your push way too often here to make this profitable. Looks like you got outflopped, I'd fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:40 AM

If you both had 1800 chips, I'd flat call the flop, expect him to check/bet weak on a scary turn (Q, K, A, diamond) and push.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:49 AM

FPS, terrible, and this "I play g00t" stuff is ridiculous. But please keep doing it, as I'm going to be coming back to the $55s soon.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you call with KJ here? QJ? JT?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because you wouldn't, doesn't mean he won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is something people here do not consider much. YOU may know the correct play, but someone else may just see top pair, any kicker, and call it down.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he'll call with any jack or flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call with KJ here? QJ? JT?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I played the hand like this, which I wouldn't, yes I would call. Look at the price he is getting. On top of that it doesn't matter what we would do all that much, because this forum is much better than the average $55 player. There are alot of bad players calling you with a lot there. I think I've seen you around mid-high and that you play fairly high (correct me if I'm wrong), but this sort of FPS will not fly in the 55's, I promise you.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 AM

You won't get him out with your stack size. He will call you with a jack or a flush draw. Only hands you make fold are Ax and maybe mid pairs.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:41 AM

I agree that it was a bit overzealous here, but pushing someone off of an obviously vulnerable/marginal hand is a play that is useful in certain situations. Clearly this isn't one of them, but I was hoping we might expand the discussion to situations where it could apply. Or perhaps it's simply not reasonable to expect a fold from a medium top pair type hand in a $50?

Thoughts welcome

Everett

P.S.

[ QUOTE ]
FPS, terrible, and this "I play g00t" stuff is ridiculous. But please keep doing it, as I'm going to be coming back to the $55s soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't make posts like this ever again. You contributed nothing to the discussion and obviously have no sense of humor or detection for sarcasm.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:10 PM

Easy fold here. However, if this occurs later on in the sng with a relative ratio of stacks to blinds, i may pull this off as it is more likely to be a move. But, most people are afraid to put any chips into the pot in a 55 without anything this early.