Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: War and relegion

[ QUOTE ]
In your oppinion when was the last time america did anything wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you are doing the name calling. btw im not some super conservitive america lover.

but im also not a retarded hippy who only belives what he wants to belive.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's cool that you seem to have found a middle ground between utlra conservatism and hippie retardism. But my conjecture was that you are under the belief that America is always right, and I would like you to disprove me so we can continue the conversation. And don't say vietnam, unless you wish to go on a tangent about how we actually won the war in nam.

Ah lets go there anyway it sounds fun.

America doesn't really care so much about the vietnamese people. The war in vietnam, was really a war to contain atheist communism. This containment was the actual war and not the battle of whether or not vietnam fell to conmunism. The war in vietnam had contries scared to revolt to communism for fear of USA interference. If these contries would have gone communist they likely would have helped the USSR with trade relations and strengh in numbers. There are currently only 5 contries left under communist rule. So not only was the vietnam war a success in containment, it stemed the tide of a political movement that was sweeping europe and eventually most of the globe, and was victorious in not only containing but also to start to start the attrition of communist state. Is it possible to lose the battle of vietnam, yet win the war on containment. I think it is, and as far as I know no one else has agreed with me.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thought of we are right and they are wrong is required by your profession. However civilians are afforded the luxory of being able to determine which parts of each culture are right, and where we are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said we were right or they were wrong. In fact, I said the following: And I'm not questioning their motives or their validity, but the average American simply does not fight with the same motivations drilled into young men who blow themselves up. Please don't start assuming that such a statement implies that we are right and they are wrong, only that we are fighting with different motivations, which seems quite obvious and non-judgmental to me, personally.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm not questioning their motives or their validity, but the average American simply does not fight with the same motivations drilled into young men who blow themselves up

[/ QUOTE ] Firstly, thanks for defending this great nation.

But as to the motivation of men who are suicide bombers, the evidence points directly to the leadership. However the people that are the suicide aren't normaly brainwashed 16 year old kids. They are well educated, and well off. Additionaly, suicide bombings only take place during occupation.

Thirdly I can only assume young americans fight for the greatness of this nation, and the benefits they recieve from the military.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But my conjecture was that you are under the belief that America is always right...

[/ QUOTE ]

what on earth gave you that idea?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Not sure how I got the idea, one of your posts lead me to believe it. Are you suggesting I should just believe your denial of it.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Not sure how I got the idea, one of your posts lead me to believe it. Are you suggesting I should just believe your denial of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

which post? not sure how u got the idea? maybe you should stop speculating out of your ass.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which post? not sure how u got the idea? maybe you should stop speculating out of your ass.

[/ QUOTE ] Who cares which posts either it's true or it isn't. I don't think it's as big a deal as you do.

I don't mind speculation, I don't mind being wrong. If my flaws are pointed out I am happy to know them. I don't have the benefit of knowing anything about you, so I'm forced to make some speculation.

I still don't know if you always side with country or not, but I do know that you don't argue well (pot kettle).
Old 09-22-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol x 1000

Trust pizownored on this one.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol x 1000

Trust pizownored on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
no worries
Old 09-22-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But as to the motivation of men who are suicide bombers, the evidence points directly to the leadership. However the people that are the suicide aren't normaly brainwashed 16 year old kids. They are well educated, and well off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. The sidebar was precipitated by the claim that there are religious motivations on their side, and I stated that they had mainly political motivations (which is why America is the primary enemy, and not just any non-Muslim nation) while religion was more an instrument to fan the flames of hatred. It seems we are basically full circle and in basic agreement.