Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 03:47 PM

Default 66 Stand Up To Injustice?

Villain is one of those PITA tags whose seeming raison d'etre is to try to make life miserable for other solid playing tags. He likes to float and 3-bet me light and applies a lot of pressure postflop, frequently making moves if he senses weakness. Of course, for all that he is also a pretty good handreader which makes him even more annoying. Numbers are 34/22/2.5/WTSD38 after 100 hands.

Is this a good time to stand up for myself and play back or would that be spewing?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero does what??
Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: 66 Stand Up To Injustice?

Depends on how he reads you - if he thinks you're steaming and looking to blow him out of the pot, he may even call you down with 9-Jh. The preflop just call does make it look like you were sandbagging, but be aware that he might have been on a semi-bluff with the Ah, but unlikely he would lead the betting then on the turn. If you raise, I'd raise half-pot or less, as it's more likely to look like you're trapping him then trying to take him out. Does he tend to call down with medium hands? If so, I'd be inclined to fold and look for a better place to make your move.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:56 PM

This is my favorite thread title since like ever.

Sadly- I think Injustice wins here and you have to fold, but do it smugly.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:11 PM

Either raise or fold. Is he good enough to realize you would probably wait until the river if you really had a big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? If not I think that you can probably get a fold out of him enough to make a raise profitable as his turn bet doesnt really mean anything so if he doesnt have a big heart then he probably plans on folding to a raise here.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM

If im getting 3 bet light ruitinely, I will cap a hand like this with position PF. (As long as I havent been caught doing it so far in the session), I think it makes a PP easier to play post flop, than a couple of overs.

On the turn, I think it all depends on how he views you, I dont think hes going to give you credit for a big heart if you raise, given your flop play. Would you peel the flop with a mid high heart and then raise it on the turn? And would you peel the flop with 2 overs that didnt have a heart? If hes a good hand reader, these are things that must be considered.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If im getting 3 bet light ruitinely, I will cap a hand like this with position PF. (As long as I havent been caught doing it so far in the session), I think it makes a PP easier to play post flop, than a couple of overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered this, but had done it a couple times previously, so I didn't think it would slow him down much.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I think it all depends on how he views you, I dont think hes going to give you credit for a big heart if you raise, given your flop play. Would you peel the flop with a mid high heart and then raise it on the turn? And would you peel the flop with 2 overs that didnt have a heart? If hes a good hand reader, these are things that must be considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are problems. With a low-medium heart I would likely just call with hopes that he would continue to bluff if he's bluffing. I would play a big heart like this sometimes, not always. I'm not sure how much of this he can know, but I do worry that he will sniff out the free showdowniness of my raise if I raise and bluff 3-bet me way too often.