Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of te

How do you know how many tourneys this guy has played?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:35 AM

My sarcastic retelling of the events? Show me where i was sarcastic? I'm not saying this in a mean way. I just don't remember being sarcastic. I was genuinely impressed by everybody reading everybody it was spooky.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:42 AM

Sponger,

Most will not agree with this guy saying we will not see Jean again. Don't waste your time with him.

Your stats are enough to say Jean is a winning player. He may not be in the class of Daniel, Jennifer, along with other pros, but a winning player he is.

KC
Old 07-20-2005, 11:43 AM

I noticed what I thought was a tell. It was a shot at Bellande, over Lee's shoulder. While Bellande was pondering what to do I saw Lee look at his chips several times, and he ended up either raising Bellande's bet, or betting after it was checked to him, because he had a hand. It may have been the hand where he minimum raised with KK on the button, so his hand was already given away to a degree anyway...
Old 07-20-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

While i like Jenn i wouldn't say she owned the table by any means. I would say she played the most careful and put herself in a good position to finish 2nd or 3rd and still have a fighting chance to win. Which is the same way i would played it. But i wouldn't say i owned the table because i stayed out of the way. And right before that qq's hand she got it all in with q7 against lees' q9 and she sucked out a 7 on the turn. So that works both ways.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:45 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

[ QUOTE ]
No.. Lee turned his cards over and showed her, then she said Trip Jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else remember it this way? I got the impression it was her read as well, especially given the sheepish look on his face when she said it.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No.. Lee turned his cards over and showed her, then she said Trip Jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else remember it this way? I got the impression it was her read as well, especially given the sheepish look on his face when she said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she thought he had 3 jacks, then the 100K turn bet was pretty foolish...
Old 07-20-2005, 11:54 AM

I know, she got drawn out on in the heads-up match.

But I think if she could have caught some hands earlier, and had a bigger stack going into the final 3, she would have rolled those two clowns.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:55 AM

Definently positive that Lee flipped over his cards.. I remember him doing it, and Harman wasn't even paying attention for a bit (she was playing with her chips or something), and then she finally looked up and saw it and said, "Trip Jacks" and nodded her head in a matter of fact manner.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play in a enough tournaments, you'll finish ITM.

This guy has a sharp aggressive style, and that'll get you part of the way there.. but he's very far from being a good polished poker player..

If played in dozens of tournaments a year, I would have a couple final table.

The guy is a chump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's assume you're right, and that he's played in "dozens" of tournements this year. Let's say that the average buyin was 2500. 36*2500=90,000. Eyeballing his cashes, he's won over 500,000 this year.

I wish I was a chump player like that.