Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

????? Why the hostility hold me?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of te

I didn't say he played amateurish and had obvious tells. Remember what you said to me in our last thread in the MTT section? Don't make assumptions without enough info or whatever you said.

In fact i almost started a post on Gabe asking the question. Is this guy one of the most underrated players?

All i said was on this particular hand Jennifer H. acted like she picked up a tell on him. I may have mistaken her tell pickup for her reaction to her hand and not on any tell. But then bellerde said jenn must have picked up something on you guys so i am moving in with Aj or better. But if she did pick up a tell i don't see why she wouldn't have moved in. Unless she just decided to let them but heads anyway even though she thought they were weak.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

"Why Phil tried to bluff Bellande is beyond me, the dude showed he wasn't going to lay down, Phil was just card dead and frustrated.

Bellande's problem is he only has one gear, BLAST... After successfully blasting people out of pots you have to slow down a bit and show down a hand or two. People were just waiting for him to bluff at the wrong time. "

Bellande limped into this pot with AT. It's exactly because he has been blasting and wasn't blasting this time Ivey made the move, I would assume. If you would listen to him, Bellande almost folded but then said he had a feeling he had the better hand. Neither actions seem too unreasonable.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:00 AM

I didn't know she had Ak. I was half asleep watching it and thought she had j8 off. But apparently it was Ak so i agree its less likely a tell she had on him.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:01 AM

I was responding to the whole thread, not just your post(s).
Old 07-20-2005, 11:02 AM

This isnt some observation of a poster. If I remember correctly Harman made some comment that she thought both of them were full of it. The commentators also pointed this out, noting that Harman must have seen something weak (thus is wasn't just their own opinion). So yes, your sarcastic retelling of the event is exactly correct. The only two explanations why she folded were
1) Lee had been making loose calls all night, and she didn't want to get all in in a possible coinflip or other race type hand or
2) ESPN was lying about what she had
Old 07-20-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This isnt some observation of a poster. If I remember correctly Harman made some comment that she thought both of them were full of it. The commentators also pointed this out, noting that Harman must have seen something weak (thus is wasn't just their own opinion). So yes, your sarcastic retelling of the event is exactly correct. The only two explanations why she folded were
1) Lee had been making loose calls all night, and she didn't want to get all in in a possible coinflip or other race type hand or
2) ESPN was lying about what she had

[/ QUOTE ]

3) She had no real read and was just making table-talk or was trying to get a read by saying some stuff and getting a reaction.

I've said stuff like "Man, you guys are weak" or "I should come over the top of your crap hand" or "I know you are reraising with air" countless times. When I actually am saying that because I have a real read, my actions follow accordingly. Jen plays at the highest level, so I'm sure she would have no problem following through if she had a real read.

The fact of the matter here is that, based on the events as have been described in this thread, they point more to her not being able to get a good read.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JR Bellande had tons of tells. It was really sad. It was amateur night. I doubt we'll see that J.R. Bellande ever again, he's not that good of a player at all, just caught a couple great hands when other people had nice hands as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops!

19-Jun-05 United States $ 2,000 Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo
36th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2005, Las Vegas 22nd $ 3,080
06-Jun-05 United States $ 1,500 Omaha Hi/Lo
36th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2005, Las Vegas 44th $ 2,895
23-May-05 United States $ 10,000 WPT No Limit Hold'em Championship
2005 Mirage Poker Showdown, Las Vegas 15th $ 30,494
11-Apr-05 United States $ 2,000 No Limit Hold'em
Third Annual Five-Star World Poker Classic, Las Vegas 2nd $ 123,385
27-Mar-05 United States $ 2,500 No Limit Hold'em
2005 Winnin' o' the Green, Los Angeles 1st $ 148,000
20-Mar-05 United States $ 10,000 WSOP Circuit Championship Event - No Limit Hold'em
Rio Las Vegas Poker Festival, Las Vegas 3rd $ 210,900
Old 07-20-2005, 11:31 AM

Harman owned this table, unfortunantly she couldn't catch the cards to acquire enough chips to make it happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? If she wins the hand she went out on as the big favorite (when her opponent catches one of the 2 10's left in the deck on the river) she has plenty of chips.

And yes she is a great example of demeanor on the felt.

KC
Old 07-20-2005, 11:31 AM

If you play in a enough tournaments, you'll finish ITM.

This guy has a sharp aggressive style, and that'll get you part of the way there.. but he's very far from being a good polished poker player..

If played in dozens of tournaments a year, I would have a couple final table.

The guy is a chump.