Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 07:30 PM

Default New Monitor Question

UPS dropped off my new 2001FP. I am replacing a 19" CRT so have been using 2 monitors. The questions I have are:

1) Mouseover no longer works. I have to drag the window over to my laptop before I can use mouseover. Please let me know how to fix this.

2) The background picture that filled my old monitor (and also fills my laptop screen) is centered in the new monitor but there is about 3" of grey background around it. I would like to be able to expand the picture to the full size. Actually I would like to be able to have 2 different backgrounds - 1 on the monitor and 1 on the laptop.

3) The Start bar is on my laptop which sits to the left of the monitor. I don't want to move the laptop to the right and I would like the Start bar on the 2001FP - Is this possible?

4) I would like to buy another 2001FP to use instead of my smaller laptop screen but there is no where else on the laptop to hook anything up. What options do I have other then leaving it how it is or buying a new desktop?

Thanks,

NZ
Old 03-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: New Monitor Question

3) The Start bar is on my laptop which sits to the left of the monitor. I don't want to move the laptop to the right and I would like the Start bar on the 2001FP - Is this possible?

With Ultramon you'll get the task bar on both monitors (but Start button and System tray on the left only).

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Adde
Old 03-07-2005, 10:16 PM

If you just want to move the task bar, you don't need any extra utilities. You can just drag the task bar to the monitor of your choice.

-- Kevin
Old 03-08-2005, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestion to drag the taskbar. That works perfect.

Does anyone else know why mouseover doesn't work on the 2001FP but did work on my 19" CRT? I would also still like to know how I can hook up the Dell Monitor to my laptop. Is it possible to change graphic cards on a laptop?