Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 01-22-2005, 10:08 PM

Default how well/poorly did i play this?

It's my first hand at the table....so I have no reads on anyone.....was I overly aggressive? If so, when should have I throttled back? Should the threat of quad 7's have been enough to slow me down, or is that just paranoid?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP3 bets, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, Hero caps, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: how well/poorly did i play this?

I don't see why you didn't 3 bet on the flop.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you didn't 3 bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree,

Regards David
Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 PM

I agree also.....and if I could remember why I didn't 3-bet I'd tell you.....probably because I had just sat down and I missed one. I'm more interested in if I should have slowed down once quad 7's became a possibility. Is it +EV to worry about that or -EV?
Old 01-22-2005, 10:53 PM

IMHO, I will let the experts deal with the EV+/- issue I just cant see why you are concerned about 77?... sure its a possibilty but you have 2nd absolute nuts, If this same hand came up 1000 times I would guess (I am sure someone will correct me) you would win 998 times so given those odds I am gonna bet/play this hand like it cant be beaten,

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am guessing though with you still asking, that he did in fact have quad 7's right?

Let me ask this, if you played 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the flop came down:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

and a player capped the betting would you be really worried that he had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

Regards David
Old 01-23-2005, 12:19 AM

It takes an extraordinary player-specific read before I'll even consider the possibility that an opponent has caught quads on me. Especially when only two of the card are on the board.

Far, far more often, and especially so on Party SS, you're going to see people overplaying top pair, trips, or even a high pocket pair. The odd time that you lose an extra 2-3 BBs to someone who has quads will be more than made up for by all the times you cap against someone who doesn't understand that K7s isn't the pure nuts on this board.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:25 AM

good....that's exactly what I thought and exactly what I hoped to hear, but I'm pretty new and just wanted to be sure I was on the right track.....

And yes he catch quad 7's....and that pretty much sucked.

Thanks for the input
Old 01-23-2005, 06:44 AM

Where's the preflop raise?

From the flop onwards, I'm capping every street if possible. If my top boat loses to quads, well, that's just too bad.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:48 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

From the flop onwards, I'm capping every street if possible. If my top boat loses to quads, well, that's just too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree. TT is a preflop raise hand, and with top set on the flop and 2nd nuts on the turn, i think that you should just maximize the pot.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree. TT is a preflop raise hand, and with top set on the flop and 2nd nuts on the turn, i think that you should just maximize the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt; and you can quote me on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]