Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:12 AM

Default AK needs some help

SB is 41/6/1
CO is 31/2/2

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

How is my turn call? Given SB's turn check, I figured he must have just hit a J or something and then got scared on the turn. CO could be playing KT, but he might also just have hit the Q.

I gave myself 3 outs for overcards and 3 for my straight, is this reasonable?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: AK needs some help

Seeing as how there are 5 players in the hand, I would c/f or c/r the flop depending on how many players stay in the hand.

Calling the turn for 1 bet is ok.

River play is fine.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:20 AM

I don't think I'm leading this flop. Its draw heavy and you have 3 players yet to act after you.

You've still got 4 people with you on the turn so I think we can call here especially since SB didn't check-raise.

The river is fine, but I don't think I'm giving us any overcard outs. An A or K would really fit well with this board. We're really only drawing to a gutshot here.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:22 AM

nh.

tho if SB checkraises the turn and BB folds im pretty sure we can lay this down.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 AM

there is only CO behind hero on the flop? how do we c/r?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:50 AM

Your pf, flop, and turn play are fine. By the time the action is back to you, there are 12 BBs and you have odds for the gutshot. I don't think your A &amp; K are clean outs. Maybe 2 for the A and none for the K. You do have 4 full outs for the T. Cap the riv 100% of the time, U gotta da nutz!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:58 AM

Nice hand the flop is the interesting street here. With two overcards and two backdoor draws i would probably take the free card here but betting may buy you a free turn card which would be great so either or probably isn't bad. Every other street looks perfect.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:08 PM

I play it the same way you did. You definitely have odds to call. Nice river.

BBB