Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Evaluate this bet

Giants, Padres, or Dodgers win NL West at a little better than 1-10 odds with juice.

Do the Rockies and Dianondbacks win this division 10% of the time?
Old 02-20-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Evaluate this bet

-EV
Old 02-20-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I am sure that is the type of profound insight that the original poster was looking for. Can you provide us with some more pearls of wisdom?

To the original poster -- it is probably close. There might be a little value there, but the downside of having to have money tied up all season long is what makes it unattractive to me. Good luck. Hope it hits for you.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Giants, Padres, or Dodgers win NL West at a little better than 1-10 odds with juice.

Do the Rockies and Dianondbacks win this division 10% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pass: Rocks and D-Backs will be 4 and 5 after the dust settles. For either one of them to win, they have to have A LOT of elements come together perfectly.

NOW, the problem is tying the money up. I have a credit account at the 'Nuckle. I believe I can get some value out of these bdts because I don't have to front the money.

A lot of value evaporates when you have to front the cash for 7 to 8 months. You can find many investments that have a greater chance of paying off at better than 10% during that time.

For example. Poker. You are a very good player, thus, your expectation would be over 10% for that time period.

I wouldn't make the bet if I were you.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

To the original poster -- it is probably close. There might be a little value there, but the downside of having to have money tied up all season long is what makes it unattractive to me. Good luck. Hope it hits for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is at Trade Sports so I don't have to tie the money up for that length. Does this bet look more attractive now?
Old 02-21-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is at Trade Sports so I don't have to tie the money up for that length. Does this bet look more attractive now?

[/ QUOTE ]
can you explain to me what this means?
Old 02-21-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
can you explain to me what this means?

[/ QUOTE ]

AT Trade Sports betting is done like the stock market where you buy a team at a price and can sell them whenever you want.

So I can buy the Padres, Dodgers, and Giants to win their division for under $90 combined. Winning contracts make $100 but as the value fluctuates I can can sell them anytime if I wish. As Colorado and the Diamondbacks fall out of contention my 3 stocks/wagers will go up.

Bottom line is 1-10 on this bet with the ability to turn a profit sooner.