Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Gigabet\'s HH and our SnG Strategy

I'm suprised there hasn't been more discussion on this matter, and I was hoping someone else would make this thread who may have more to say that I do.

It seems that our generally accepted bubble strategy is also accepted by Giga, but he clearly plays a different early game then most of us would ever dare advocate.

It seems that Giga looks for situations in which he will have position on opponents, and plays very aggressively, regardless of his hand.

I don't know if he puts them on a specific range, or actual hands, or if he has notes on the players to know who he can bluff off of what hand. What do you think? I assume he puts them on a range, and that he has notes on many players.

One note I took from the HH is that you can risk a decent amount of chips to win a smaller amount, as long as the odds are there. For instance, raising on a steal in late position to t90, just to take the t45 in blinds. If they're gonna fold 80% of the time, why not take the +EV? even if it's small.

In conclusion, I think to ignore the gift we were just given would be very silly of us. This HH challenges ideas that we don't even question.

I'm sure that many plays made by Giga should not be recommended to those starting out, but if he is playing closer to optimally than I am, which he is, I wanna find out why.

Let's discuss.

-Jman