Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:14 AM

Default $1000 deposit- where to put it.

I am depositing online for the first time and was wondering where you all suggest i deposit my $1000.
I have played only at party and stars.
Stars said even tho it will be a day or 2 late i can still get the 20% bonus. Full Tilt has a 100% bonus going on but I'm afraid that bonus might be pretty tough to clear.

What do you guys suggest- open to all site suggestions- or should i split the $ up on diff. sites?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: $1000 deposit- where to put it.

general consensus is that party has the best combo of good software / bad players.

stars' software is better. pacific probably has the worst players. but party is probably your best bet.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:29 AM

Party has the best and easiest to clear bonuses, so always be alert to them first (www.bonuswhores.com)

Stars bonuses are good because they never expire and stack, so you can just grab them by depositing and clear them whenever (they clear slower than Party, but the points you earn can get you alot better schwagg than at Party)

UB is also like Stars in that they never expire and stack but they clear REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY slow. I always grab them (I have a big enough roll) and store them up in hopes that one day they'll make it easier to clear (they recently did the opposite, making it go from hard to very hard).

Paradise reloads are also very nice (and rare). They stack/never expire like Stars and UB but they clear a slower than Party but can be cleared at low limits (.5/1)

No other sites are really worth the reloads. Alot of people play on Absolute because they offer many many many reloads, you ALWAYS have a bonus you are workingg off, however most players there are tight and the games will be crappy.

Basically just go to www.bonuswhores.com it has all this info much better than I can type.

And if you are signing up for a new site checking out the affliate offers is always a good idea.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:05 AM

First time huh?

Play at Absolute. 150% deposit bonus. Look for the player "tonypaladino" he totally sucks. Sit to his right.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First time huh?

Play at Absolute. 150% deposit bonus. Look for the player "tonypaladino" he totally sucks. Sit to his right.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of people have given me this exact same advice! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 12:00 PM

His right? Ok, somebody better clarify this advice for me.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:20 PM

I feel that Party has the best cash games while Stars is great for tournaments. I guess whichever yor prefer more may be your best bet!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:51 PM

I play mainly at Absolute. Bonus helps in the dry spells. Sign up through www.pokersourceonline.com and get a free set of Nevada Jack chips. Even if you don't want them, they ebay for $125 to $150.

As far as Absolute being tight, I play the .25/.50 NL 6 max tables and they are very loose. The 9 players are tighter. With the chip deal at pso, it's a no-brainer.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:07 PM

If your not sure where to put it then you can put it in my bank account and I sure as hell know what to do with it. J/K man gl finding somewhere.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 PM

I've heard party is the place to start and a few people have mentioned bonuswhores.com and I think there charts/lists/reviews are as helpful as it gets.