Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 03:05 AM

Default 25NL fullhouse on the turn - did i butcher it?

no stats reads really.. button is 30/4.1/2 over only about 50 hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($26.25)
MP ($19)
CO ($24.50)
Button ($41.62)
SB ($16.53)
BB ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls $2, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($9.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $19.10

did i blow this?

i feel like i played this turn HORRIBLY.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 25NL fullhouse on the turn - did i butcher it?

Why do you raise to 8 when it is obvious they are still drawing or have a mediocre hand. My line would be to check raise maybe to 2 dollars. Then on the river I would put out a small bet of around 5 dollars to lure one or both of them in.

You don't always spark fireworks with a boat so you need to be able to make the most of these kind of situations.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you raise to 8 when it is obvious they are still drawing or have a mediocre hand. My line would be to check raise maybe to 2 dollars. Then on the river I would put out a small bet of around 5 dollars to lure one or both of them in.

You don't always spark fireworks with a boat so you need to be able to make the most of these kind of situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

looking back i dont why the hell i c-r'd for so much.. i guess i thought since i had 2 people in the hand that i'd get one of them calling.

leading the turn or c-ring for a smaller amount seems like a much better line.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:34 AM

They're not going to expect you to have a FH here, I'd just lead the turn for 2/3 pot or slightly less hoping both call. My goal here would be to win a good size pot if a blank comes on the river and give the others a chance to complete a flush on the river so you can stack one of them.

When you do decide to c/r the turn but button only minbets, your large bet size is too likely to not get called. If button had bet more, you'd have a better chance of getting called.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you will learn that around here we don't take that line...EVER - in fact we do the opposite and raise big - RAISE HUGE! if they;re drawing why would u want them to see a cheap/free card?
Old 12-25-2005, 03:42 AM

Because the most likely draw here is to a good 2nd best hand which will get hero paid.

I'm not saying give a free card, but no need to end the hand on the turn - make a normal value bet here and grow the pot.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you will learn that around here we don't take that line...EVER

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a boat. Villains are likely drawing to a straight or flush. We want them to make their hand, because ours is better. Around here we like to have hand rankings memorized [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($26.25)
MP ($19)
CO ($24.50)
Button ($41.62)
SB ($16.53)
BB ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls $2, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($9.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, BB folds.

did i blow this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise more PF, having more than 1 caller &amp; being OOP sucks when it happens.

Pot the flop.
Pot the turn, and continue with the lead!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero ($26.25)
MP ($19)
CO ($24.50)
Button ($41.62)
SB ($16.53)
BB ($18.50)

did i blow this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise more PF, having more than 1 caller &amp; being OOP sucks when it happens.

Pot the flop.
Pot the turn, and continue with the lead!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont pot the turn, bet a little more than 1/2 pot to keep them drawing. If the draws get there on river, push. DONT check raise this turn. Lead or C/C. Leading is better
Old 12-25-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more PF...

Pot the flop. Pot the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you'd pot the turn here... why are you doing that?

I'd expect just a wee bit less than the pot, though there are two callers, and you'd be potting with AK here for sure.

Also, how much are you raising to pf?