Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 10-31-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
The God of the Bible is absolutely the LAST God any sinner in his right mind would invent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nietzsche has written extensively on this subject and already explained how this kind of God is EXACTLY the kind of God the powerless would create, for it levels the playing field and reduces all men to insignicance and unworthiness, and raises the believers (the powerless in society) to be the chosen people who will one day gain all the riches of heaven while their oppressors burn in hell for eternity.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but to enslave his fellow humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rats. Now I've got to free my myriads of slaves. What a bore.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you believe this than you believe there is no difference between yourself and Hitler.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're starting to get the idea.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you believe this than you believe there is no difference between yourself and Hitler.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're starting to get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point being you don't truly believe God would be just to condemn you, otherwise it is over and you wouldn't try. You have faith and do good acts so that possibly one day God would be just to reward you with heaven.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:51 PM

<font color="blue"> Again, you're assuming you will win that debate. I'm challenging you because I don't think you can do it. You haven't in the past. </font>

He can't win! No one could.. How do you even begin an intelligent debate with somebody who insists that the bible be taken literally word for word? Let's try...

I can PROVE to you with an abundance of overwhelming evidence that man is perfectly capable of developing different languages on his own and that this diversity in language did not have to come down from God in one fell swoop as the bible claims.

Do you require proof? Or do you acknowledge that man could have developed all the languages we speak on his own?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The point being you don't truly believe God would be just to condemn you, otherwise it is over and you wouldn't try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't try in the sense of earning God's favor through good works. "Salvation is by grace through faith." It is a "gift of God, not according to works, that no one should boast."

And I do truly believe God would be just in condemning me. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". "There is NONE righeous, no NOT ONE".

[ QUOTE ]

You have faith and do good acts so that possibly one day God would be just to reward you with heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - faith for salvation, "good works which God prepared beforehand that I should walk in them" for reward. But "what do I have that I have not received?". God is "just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Christ" because Christ died for our sins - but for His work on the cross all mankind would be condemned.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

man is perfectly capable of developing different languages on his own

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does the Bible say otherwise?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The point being you don't truly believe God would be just to condemn you, otherwise it is over and you wouldn't try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't try in the sense of earning God's favor through good works. "Salvation is by grace through faith." It is a "gift of God, not according to works, that no one should boast."

And I do truly believe God would be just in condemning me. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". "There is NONE righeous, no NOT ONE".

[ QUOTE ]

You have faith and do good acts so that possibly one day God would be just to reward you with heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - faith for salvation, "good works which God prepared beforehand that I should walk in them" for reward. But "what do I have that I have not received?". God is "just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Christ" because Christ died for our sins - but for His work on the cross all mankind would be condemned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I can't believe I ever bought into this crap. When I used to say that batshit I hope I didn't sound as eery. Thank god (badoom ching) that I realized at a relatively early age that the jesus that saves does not exist. Or at least if he does he's a jerk that doesn't save everyone that sincerely asks.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I do truly believe God would be just in condemning me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean "God will always be just in condemning me, but may be just in rewarding me also"?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly there are worse Gods who could be invented which did not have grace and would not have allowed their son to die for our sins.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

doesn't save everyone that sincerely asks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you get this stuff?