Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Default I got screwed... help

There is a long story behind this, but I don't want to get into it right now. In short, I was kicked out and I needed 50 hours of community service to get back into the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I was doing the hours at a local breadline in Springfield, IL, but I got very screwed on Friday. I had about 25 hours done. All I did was ask the supervisor if it's possible to have someone work my hours for me if I pay them, and she terminated me. She said she would have to send a report to the school with my hours and the reason why. I never told her who to send it to and I might not have even told her the school. Even if she does know the school, it's huge and I'm hoping it'll get lost. There's no way they will see that favorably, so those 25 hours are just going to have to be lost. My deadline is Monday, Oct 24th. I need 50 hours of community service by then. I've tried calling various community service places around town, but none can give me enough hours. I called a couple people I know who run businesses too, but that doesn't count for community service, I think.

Someone, help?

I don't know. Maybe one of you help with a charity foundation somewhere nearby and I can say I volunteered there?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: I got screwed... help

*looks up the dean of students office at the U of Illinois, sends link to thread via email*
Old 10-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Why can't you just let her send the report to the school? You did 25 hours, I doubt the school would discount them just because of how you got fired. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you just let her send the report to the school? You did 25 hours, I doubt the school would discount them just because of how you got fired. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]I am afraid of how they will word it and I think they would discount it. Something like "tried to bribe workers to work his hours for him," even though all I did was [censored] ask.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe one of you help with a charity foundation somewhere nearby and I can say I volunteered there?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a douchebaggish thing to ask, and a douchebaggish thing to do, and you are a douchebag for considering it. You effed up; reap what you sow.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Fired from working the breadline. Wow.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe one of you help with a charity foundation somewhere nearby and I can say I volunteered there?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a douchebaggish thing to ask, and a douchebaggish thing to do, and you are a douchebag for considering it. You effed up; reap what you sow.

[/ QUOTE ]No, I didn't [censored] up. The supervisor is a motherfucker. I would've worked my hours. I would volunteer if I could, but I need this to get back into school and I am desperate.

Just ask around among friends/relatives. I'm sure there is a friend of a friend out there that's in a position to just put you down for the 50 hours and send the form off to the school.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:15 PM

off topic, but why in the hell did you ask that? I mean didn't you kind of suspect that the school isn't going to allow you to pay people to work your hours for you?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:17 PM

Because I'm naive and a retard. I just wanted to know.