Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 AM

Default So what type of new poker software would you LIKE to see?

Alright, inspired by PokerTracker and PokerAce and being a software developer who hates his job, I desire to put together some sort of software package to aide serious online poker players, much like PT and PAHUD.

Obviously creating a database program like PT or another HUD would not be the best way to go, so the question has to be raised...

What type of software do you WANT to see for poker? What tool do you just wish you had? It can be something that you use during live play obviously or something you use during non-playing to analyze your play.

Obviously only software that do not break the T&C of the major sites would be of long term value...

So any ideas?

The only idea I had was a "What's he got?" predictor

Basically it would use opponent modeling combined with current hand activity and board information and show you a % break down of possible holdings.

For example: A 40% VPIP / 3% PFR guy check raises your QQ on a board of TT3.

The program would then find similiar VPIP/PRF people and similiar situations (I have an overpair to a paired board, when checkraised by this type of player what % of the time do they have trips?)
Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: So what type of new poker software would you LIKE to see?

A simple program that has no real poker content but would be usefull would be one that would remember the locations of the tables on the screen. For example, I have a dual monitor setup. I play 5 tables on each, one on each of the 4 corners and 1 in the middle. An hour or so before I start to play I open up partymine and the 10 tables minimize to the bottom. If there was a program that could instantly remember where my tables should go when I get back, it would save some time.

This is more of a hassle then are real problem, but it's enough of a hassle for me to think "there must be a better way!" each time I carefully line up each table.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:40 AM

Do you use AllSnap? It makes the job of lining up tables easier.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you use AllSnap? It makes the job of lining up tables easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much easier
Old 11-22-2005, 05:37 AM

This is something simple, and maybe not what you were looking for, but I'll suggest it anyways. I've always found the notes function on Party to be somewhat annoying. I believe there's a limit on the number of characters you can use, so I end up having to make lots of annoying acronyms to describe players. Also, it's annoying to always have to right-click and select "notes", which I happen to accidentally click "block chat" at times. I'd like a program that could store notes, maybe open them with a single click, and used a much larger box, so that I could read more than 5 lines of notes, or whatever the default is for Party.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:21 AM

I'd like to see some free software.

Richard Stallman
Founder of the Free Software Movement
Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see some free software.

Richard Stallman
Founder of the Free Software Movement

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is 2 days
Old 11-22-2005, 02:38 PM

I'd like to see something that searches through my PT database and finds "questionably played" hands. Things where I was bluffing into multiple players, or check/calling with a really good hand, failing to raise for value with a killer nut flush draw against lots of opponents, etc.

When reviewing hands, one of the hardest things is weeding through the mass of standard hands to find the ones you want to study. Something like pokergrader I'd think, since it already grades your play overall. It'd just need to grade each hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:38 PM

I am copy/pasting this from something I wrote in another thread

what would be wicked cool is for a simulator that allows you to input a range for your opponent, then the software divides that range into categories according to the board, like A high, set, flush draw, gutshot, etc, and allows you to run simulations against those categories. IE for the A high category (on the turn) you would specify the actions he would take for categories of rivers: he will raise any A, fold any spade, call the rest; with a set he will raise any river except a spade, etc.

this is similar to what you were talking about. the software notes that villain raised preflop UTG and it knows from PT that he raises 13% of hands and guesses a hand range for you that you can then tweak and analyze.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Here is my suggestion.