Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 AM

Default question about 2nd monitor, not in FAQ

I want to add another monitor, but I don't have the right plugs on the back of my computer. I did see that this means I need a new video card, but I was wondering If any monitor used USB connections so I wouldn't have to do this? Also, how often does that 2001fp deal come up?

thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: question about 2nd monitor, not in FAQ

you need an actual video output

2001fp deals come around every month or so
Old 11-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: question about 2nd monitor, not in FAQ

Monitors do not run on USB ports or any other ports except video. You'll have to add a video expansion card. I would scan the local classifieds and buy a piece of junk PII case and take the card out. I bought a PII for 10 bucks and gutted it for the parts. The card rooms are not video intense, so just about any PCI video card will do. Another good source for parts and monitors is the local appliance recycling yard. Hope this helps. You can e-mail me if you need help configuring the video settings. I need to know your OS.

Canesfan