Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 04-01-2005, 04:59 PM

Default OMG!

is losing 50++ big bets over 250 hands a somewhat normal thing? ive never been hit with such horrible beats back to back to back in my life.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: OMG!

You just suck at poker. Don't quit your day job!! And if poker is your day job, you need help.

All kidding aside. Losing 50bb+ over 250 does happen. Hopefully this isn't a normal occurence, but it is bound to happen once and a while. Variance can be a biatch some times.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is losing 50++ big bets over 250 hands a somewhat normal thing? ive never been hit with such horrible beats back to back to back in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that has ever happened to anyone before. Extraordinary times. We should open a Hall of Fame - you are the first member. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 05:10 PM

lol.. sorry about that though, it was me thinking "OMFG I SUCK" and wanting someone to say "yeah, thats kinda normal" or something..

i finally quit.. today put me on tilt. KK flops set, get huge action, aces river his set over mine.. get AA, board auto-folds when i bet flop after the set hits.. its [censored] horrible.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM

I feel your pain. I am bonus clearing in the rock garden of poker know as absolute.

I have not floped a in 20 or PP. OPPS just did as I type this.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM

Oh I get it, this post is an Aprils fools joke. Haha, good one. I think it would have been move believable if you said something more realistic than "horrible beats back to back to back." That just doesn't happen.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:47 PM

only say 600 hands -145 $ on 0,5/1 and 1/2 tables. Glad that i had a good march, now they want a bit back. Guess Empire decided "give us the rakeback back" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 10:41 PM

hey i had an amazing march too, they must be taking my money back as well. conspiracy.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:04 PM

Look at it mathematically, and you'll see that it's not only not unlikely, it's very likely to happen. I, and everyone else here has had short term swings like that.

Still, it can put someone on tilt. If I find myself getting hammered, I take a break for awhile, and then go back over my hands to make sure I wasn't throwing my money away. This often has the happy effect of knowing I made mucho Sklansky bucks, and it almost always adds some good reads on opponents.