Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP for NL Players Breakdown

[ QUOTE ]
>1500 VPP is needed to get out of the Bronze Age meaning >3000 minutes of play is required.

That's playing one table. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That's simply one table. Four-tabling would be 12.5 hours at this rate.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you'll never get SUPERNOVA playing NL200.

Supernova is for VIP players, why would low-stakes NL200 player deserve that?

I guess only NL600 and up players will get it, and those that multi-table a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It IS possible to get to the Supernova status for NL players at this level if you are a full-time player. If you play for 2.3 hours a day, four-tabling the 6Max, you will become a Supernova on December 31. Doing this for six hours a day, five days a week will turn you into a supernova around the fourth of July. Not great, but still possible for players who play at these stakes as their primary job.

[ QUOTE ]
does a similar post exist for limit hold'em?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not seen one very deep, but I have seen some small estimations in Iggy's thread here.

I have written out in excel two tables, one stating how many raked hands you need to play to earn X amount of FPP's as well as how many FPP's you will have earned after X amount of raked hands. If you can get me some quality estimates regarding Limit Hourly Rate for points, I'll be happy to throw out any calculations you ask for. Let me know. I'd post it here but it is ugly and takes up way too much space.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:08 PM

again, as mentioned, should a 200nl player be a supernova/elite status player? This deal isn't bad for those who play 600nl and above.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should a 200nl player be a supernova/elite status player

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your use of the word 'should'?

If people out there can successfully multi-table the 600NL tables on Stars for hours on end, then yeah the VIP program would be a lot easier than at the $200. If you are going to play just to earn points, than jump to the 600 level where any raked hand counts as a point.

Don't forget that this whole program is just extra icing. Make sure that you are still winning your own game, the points will follow, even if at a slow pace. I'd rather winning player and no points at the 50NL than break even with many points at the 1000NL table.

If a winning player is already putting in thousands of hands at the 200NL, or any SSNL level for that matter, and wants to get the most out of the VIP program the should simply make sure that they remain at Platinum level every month. Staying at this level will get you to Supernova some time during the year. To get anything worthwhile the race is then on before the year ends to earn as many points as you can with the 3.5x bonus that the Novas get.

To summarize, don't go out of your way if you are a small time low stakes NL or Limit player. If you are putting in the hands already at reasonable stakes, it's alright. If you multi-table the 600NL+ it's golden.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:04 PM

wow, I feel bad for NL players. I just got done playing about 700 of limit, and racked up 250 points (this was 4 tables of 2/4, 2 tables of 3/6) and that's pre-2x, so 500 total. this seems like it'd be way easier at limit, even at low stakes. hell, I plan to get to Platnium by Feb. 1st playing 2/4-3/6, maybe some 5/19, and have supernova status by the end of the year. WSOPME 2007 here I come!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Actually you're at the same 35% rate that NL players are at the 200NL 6 Max. Were you at Full or 6Max?

I don't think the actual earnings per hand will be all that much better between Limit and NL. Where the limit players have the edge that it is much much easier to multitable something like 3/6 Limit than something like 400NL. More hands an hour is where it gets lopsided.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:41 PM

wegs,
i completely agree with your response to me, and your thoughts in this thread have been thoughtful and well articulated. This program is a damn near godsend for 600+ players as most pots earn a FPP.
regards,
Crosse