Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:46 AM

Default yes or no?

1/2 NL. I have everyone covered and both players have around $160 when the hand starts.

Two players limp in EP, button limps and I check in the BB with J9o.

Flop is 942 and 2 spades. Checked to the first limper who bets $4 and the next guy calls. Everyone folds to me. My default is to fold here(I don't like pots with weak hands out of position, where I don't know where I am at). Is that an OK default plan?

I thought that both players had draws, and that if the turn missed and they bet small, I could checkraise them off their draws and win the pot. Now that I am writing it, it doesn't seem like the best idea, but I thought that they couldn't stand a checkraise.

The turn is an 8, and the first guy leads $8 into the $20 pot, the next guy calls, and I checkraise to $35. Thoughts?

They both call, and now I am sure they dont have two pair or better. The river is a red king. I think, "You cant let them win this $125 pot if they have the king of spades. I'm all in."

Thoughts on the hand, the play in general. Dumb, well executed, too risky?

Thanks as always,
Jason
Old 11-19-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: yes or no?

given that your hand sucks relative to the board texture and you are out of position fold the flop. it's so much easier for you to make a mistake on future streets. but you knew this already. plus, i don't think you can narrow down hand ranges that much after flop action.