Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:06 PM

Default 30/60 Bellagio hand #1

I have been at the table for a while, and feel like i have good reads on everyone. The EP raiser tilts a lot and gets discouraged when hands don't hold, she is easy to throw off her game. The 3 better has a lot of trouble with preflop selection and is very aggressive on the flop, but shuts down without the good on the turn and river. On the hand...

EP raises, the other lady 3 betsin MP, and i 4 bet AK. Both call. Flop is AT8r. Check, check, bet, call, call.

Turn is an offsuit 7. Check, check, bet, call, raise, call, call. (I almost mucked here, but felt the best move was to see the river and fold UI.

River was a 2. Check, bet, fold, call.

Interestingly enough, i think i would have a harder time making this fold online, but it felt right here. Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Bellagio hand #1

I think river is the only debateable street.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 PM

Once I get to the river I'm scared I see AK or AQ too often here, as I think enough people like to wait till the turn to pull the trigger. I think AK could easily seem like the nuts from her point of view given the preflop action. the other gal calling isn't too much fun either though. I'm a 95% internet player and I'll vote for a call on the river but mainly just want to bump this for others opinions.
This was a full table?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:58 PM

well, if you're going to fold, why not do it on the turn?

What hands do you have odds to draw against and how much of a percentage of her hand range do those hands make up? It'll have to be a really, really high percentage so make calling right and you'll need several outs to make the call.

just some thoughts,

WT
p.s. to you online-only guys, this 'CAN' be an easy fold in a live game.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:02 PM

I think that if i was determined to fold, the turn may have been a more appropriate place to do it in retrospect.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:26 AM

Is this before, during, or after the 37 drinks?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:28 AM

During, but i was still playing well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 AM

it is amazing how much better we play live. Actually, PF hand selection can go to [censored], but post-flop we will find a lot more folds. Like this hand and the turn.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands do you have odds to draw against and how much of a percentage of her hand range do those hands make up? It'll have to be a really, really high percentage so make calling right and you'll need several outs to make the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I wondered if the three betting lady would 3 bet with A7-10(s), because you have plenty of outs to draw against any two pair but your toast against 88 77 or 10-10. If the lady is tighter with her three betting standards of early raisers and would only 3 bet with 10-10, AK, AQ or maybe A10s, then you gotta call both I think.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:15 AM

Well, if she has pre-flop hand selection trouble, you're more likely to be drawing live than otherwise, as she might have A-T or A-8s. So seeing the river card might be correct. Once she fires again into two opponents, you're likely beat, but might she not have A-K also?