Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: 10/20 SB Hand 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold the flop. Check and peel is iffy but not terrible probably.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]Avoiding spewage.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read the preflop action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I looked at it again. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not so great because of the two diamond flop. Holding a diamond here would make this hand considerably more attractive to continue with.

I didn't consider the BD straight in my first assessment though. That adds some value - say about 1 out? I'm not even sure if you can give it that much because of the two diamond flop.

I'm giving about 3 outs to the overcards. Spiking a Queen puts three to a straight on the board, or could make BB two pair as could an Ace.

That being said, I'm going to up my assessment of having about three outs to about four and say calling the flop raise with the intention of check/calling a blank turn looks reasonable.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:27 PM

they raised preflop, you three bet. I think you should up your assessment to having the best hand often enough to make checking the flop a bad move.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold the flop. Check and peel is iffy but not terrible probably.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]
He did this in the high limit section for a while too. At the time I thought he was trying to give good advice but I don't think so anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
And at that time, in response to a pompous and obnoxious reply you made to one of my posts stating something along the lines of I didn't play well enough to deserve to be able to post there, I told you that I wasn't opining because I was certain my opinions were great as much as I wanted to offer my best guess, subject it to peer review, and thereby hopefully improve my game away from the table.

You responded to me then by literally acknowledging you acted like an ass (your words, not mine) and pledged to cut it out. Now on my first foray back into a higher limit forum than I usually post in to test my understanding of the game, you start in on me again.

What are you, a stalker?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:01 PM

How about you just lurk for a bit instead of posting, or write your response down on a text file and see how it measures up?

Because, check-folding here is pretty bad in most games, but horrendous here, because we often have the best hand and people will very very often push at us with air. Aggression is rife, and almost meaningless, it must be addressed in the context of the board.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about you just lurk for a bit instead of posting, or write your response down on a text file and see how it measures up?

[/ QUOTE ]
As a matter of fact, I was just looking at Drontier's SB Hand 4 and felt I could offer a good idea, but I decided not to as my last several ideas have not been looked upon too favorably and I felt like I had recieved enough critique to think about for a while.

So I will follow your suggestion for a while, Art. But how would you like to have a little fun with it?

If Drontier agrees to go along, I propose you and I, or anyone who wants to play and I, privately write down our recommendations to each of his 5 SB hand posts and this hand (and/or some other combination of hands I'll let you pick) and we exchange them via PM. Then we ask him (or whoever) to tell us the results of each hand, we determine how much money you and I would have each made or lost playing, (we may have to estimate/predict what Villian would have done in response to what we did) and we post the results here.

Want to make it even more fun? If I lose, for one month or 30 posts, whichever comes last, I won't post on this forum and I'll use whatever avatar the winner makes me use. If I win, the winner sports the avatar I give him for one month/thirty posts, whichever comes last.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:57 PM

Edit: Not sure why I bothered. Your idea is to results based and isn't conclusive, as a poster with 3000 to your name you should have worked that out already.

CO is on a steal with worse hands a good percentage of the time, this flop missed a lot of hands, why give them control, why not use our folding equity? And what spewage? bet/calling isn't spewage, check-raise an out isn't spewage, I don't get what you're saying.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:14 AM

First of all, your challenge is stupid. I could tell you how much money he would have won or lost without the results, because it's pretty obvious in all of the hands.

Second of all, I don't think you should stop posting. However, there seems to be a certain lack of understanding that you have about shorthanded poker. Saying things like "checkfold the flop" after he 3bet preflop is pretty much wrong 100% of the time, regardless of the result.

Instead of stopping posting altogether, keep your posts in SSHUSH until you get a better understanding of the game and move up in limits. That will keep you the grief of dealing with all the people here and will also give you a chance to learn.

Anyhow, good luck. I hope you take my advice.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could tell you how much money he would have won or lost without the results, because it's pretty obvious in all of the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]Really? I didn't lose them all :P.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, your challenge is stupid. I could tell you how much money he would have won or lost without the results, because it's pretty obvious in all of the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought some of the posted hands were pretty obvious also. Thats also why I considered myself a favorite to pwn most any of the superlags who might have accepted my challenge. Anyway, no takers. Just a bunch of guys (some of which) pass out grief while they justify to themselves with their special secret knowledge that outsiders are incapable of understanding how to lose more money.

Haha. Oh yeah, let me go back to SSSH so the SuperAggro Gang can BS each other about how to spew chips like every one they spend makes their penis grow larger without the interruption of a possible reality check.

Don't tolerate the new guy. Don't just critique his posts or disagree in a civil manner. Bust his chops so he goes away. Haha. Oh, I got to respect that so much. Yeah, stay here in your fantasy world undisturbed.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:07 AM

You need to understand a few things.

IT'S EASY TO DECIDE WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE AFTER YOU SEE HOW HIS OPPONENT REACTS. SEEING THAT HE GOT RAISED ON THE FLOP AFTER 3BETTING PRE DOESN'T MEAN HE SHOULD CHECK, BECAUSE A LARGE PORTION OF THE TIME HIS OPPONENT CALLS OR FOLDS AND HE WINS THE HAND.

And SECOND, you will not get any respect on this forum until you start respecting others. My original post was made with the best of interest and was very kind and gentle. Your reply was stubborn and basically retarded.

There are certain "winning strategies" that exist in LHE that you just don't have yet. A lot of the posters here make 50K+/month using these same winning strategies. If winning is a goal for you you should listen to these people instead of arguing with them regardless of how much reason they give you.

PS check/folding this flop is worse than coldcapping 72o.