Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Next Logical Step?

Well its time for a little advice. I have been at the 10/20 6max games on party since about april of 2004. I have run a 2.3bb/100 thru 500k hands and was wondering where i go from here. It is frustrating that there is no 6max at 20/40 and only 3 tables of it at 15/30. I have a ridiculously large bankroll for 10/20 (50k) but dont know where to go from here? How do you guys handle playing full 20/40 and 30/60 tables when they fill up? Assuming you only wanted to play 6 handed or less what are my best options?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Next Logical Step?

If you don't move anywhere, you should cash out at least half of that and invest it.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:13 PM

Already have a considerable ammt saved, home purchased etc. Have been playing poker for a long time and am just wondering what my best options for moving up are.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Already have a considerable ammt saved, home purchased etc. Have been playing poker for a long time and am just wondering what my best options for moving up are.

[/ QUOTE ]

table hop the 20/40 games for a while and see how it goes, its not like you dont have the roll or the skill to try it out. or work your way back into playing full ring (yeah I know, I wouldnt want to do that either)
Old 12-23-2005, 06:14 PM

move up immediately and run well.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:33 PM

prima often has quite good 20/40 6max tables, but they don't run all the time. you can get big rakeback there too though.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:36 AM

there are some good threads in the last 6-8mo in mid/high that address this ?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 AM

I don't get the extreme aversion to full ring. One drawback to them is that the crazier LAGgy players tend to go to shorthanded games, and those players are a great profit source (or headache source, when you're running bad). But I have to think that is generally mitigated once you are playing at a limit where there isn't a shorthanded option available.

The full ring games go a little slower, and some of the losing/marginal players don't make too many mistakes simply by being pretty tight. But as you get to higher limits, I would imagine that a lot of hands play like a shorthanded table anyway -- the first four (or less if the table is less than 10 handed) fold, and you essentially have a 6-max situation.

So I think you have a lot of options. You can move to other sites and look for higher limit SH games. You can move to full-ring games. You can work in the 15/30 6max games at Party. They are sometimes pretty good, with several donators who play there regularly. Even the winning players don't seem to be ubergood or anything. I can beat the game (I think), and I still have weaknesses in my game.