Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 AM

Default KQo from BB against MP raise

MP2 is 56/16/1.5 after 50 hands

On the turn when it was capped I was pretty nervous about A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so i checked the river with intention of calling.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: KQo from BB against MP raise

check the flop.

rest seems good.

MP2 shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J. SHIP IT
Old 12-19-2005, 01:59 AM

Preflop: I fold here.

Flop: The way you played it is fine. I can see a pretty good case for a checkraise; worst case scenario is that it gets checked through and you get a free card.

Turn: Given the way you've played this hand up until now, I would checkraise and call a 3-bet. AdQd is pretty much the only hand you can reasonably be behind here; much more likely is AA-TT or possibly AJ with the Ace of diamonds.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yuckers
Old 12-19-2005, 02:22 AM

That's one hilarious river. I'm guessing no one had two diamonds or AQ.

The problem with betting this flop is that there are twice as many people between Mr. LAGgy preflop raiser and you as there are between you and the preflop raiser. As you saw, faced with two bets and a monotone flop, they just wanted to get the hell out. If you let MP2 lead, maybe they hang in. At least Cally McPassive in UTG+1 didn't fold.

Other than that, nh.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yuckers

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.

Preflop is fine. Only thing I would do different is to check the flop, since a raise would get my head spinning. I go for the check/call on the river too.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to fold this hand when you just have to call 1 bet against a raiser who is 56/16/1.5 after 50 hands??

This guy raises as many hands as I play. I'm not a fan of calling raises with KQo either but I think this is certainly a spot I can do it and no one else showed strength.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop for a couple of reasons, I might take it down with that bet, single suit flops scare alot of people and 2, I might get enough callers to make it a value bet with an OESD and 2nd nut flush draw.

Turn - I don't like giving free cards, I hit 1 hand I was drawing to on the turn, I'm not about to give a lesser hand a free card.

On the river I thought my hand was worth a call but not a bet after the turn cap.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:42 PM

AA w/a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're going to fold this hand when you just have to call 1 bet against a raiser who is 56/16/1.5 after 50 hands??

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies for my ignorance of PokerTracker statistics. If this guy is raising as often as these numbers apparently suggest the preflop call is easy.