Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Flush draw

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ...

Standard call here...
Results in white below
<font color="white"> villain had A high flush
Old 12-19-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Flush draw

give reads, fold the turn, don't post results. obviously after calling the turn you are calling the river.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:08 PM

What does your turn bet mean: protection, value bet, or something else?
There is no need to protect your hand, with T you are hugely beaten or (which is more likely) ahead. There is no need to bet, I dont see hands which UTG+1 may call your turn bet with.
If I am ahead I would check, hoping to get crying call on river.
If I am behind, there is no need to throw additional bets.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:03 PM

The problem with checking the turn is that some good percentage of the time your opponent will bet. That leaves you in the position of trying to guess whether he has the flush or decided to bet a worse hand because you checked.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with checking the turn is that some good percentage of the time your opponent will bet. That leaves you in the position of trying to guess whether he has the flush or decided to bet a worse hand because you checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good though. we want him to bet a worse heart or a pair here. if we bet he is usually going to fold a pair. if we check he will bet a pair as often as a heart. I like c/c on the turn and if he checks behind I lead the river and try to get a call thinking we're stealing the pot.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good though. we want him to bet a worse heart or a pair here. if we bet he is usually going to fold a pair. if we check he will bet a pair as often as a heart. I like c/c on the turn and if he checks behind I lead the river and try to get a call thinking we're stealing the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing it your way means you have to call the turn and river even when you are behind a better flush. If you bet and get raised, you can usually release the hand after 1 bet.

There is also at least some chance he will call with a weaker hand if you bet.

It's not clear, but I think it's easier to play with a bet because you will know where you are.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:03 PM

I bet/fold the turn.

If villian is willing to bluff raise for a 3BB pot, I'm more than willing to encourage the behaviour.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is also at least some chance he will call with a weaker hand if you bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is much easier for them to bet a worse hand after we check than it is for them to call a worse hand when we bet.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet/fold the turn.

If villian is willing to bluff raise for a 3BB pot, I'm more than willing to encourage the behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time villain wont have Ah,Kh,Qh or Jh in this case, that means your bet AT LEAST is worthless.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM

sorry friends, but players will call here with much less than A-J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. you do have a point, but you're going too far with it. this bet is far from worthless against a normal player at these limits.