Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Cash Game Toughness/VEGAS vs. LA

The Bellagio 10/20 NL game is very tough.. mostly sharks.. the stacks are very deep too.. most people have $5k+ stacks.. one of my friends was killing 5/10 NL and went to try the Bellagio 10/20 NL.. he lost $5k in a couple hours.

Just be careful with that game..
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bellagio 10/20 NL game is very tough.. mostly sharks.. the stacks are very deep too.. most people have $5k+ stacks.. one of my friends was killing 5/10 NL and went to try the Bellagio 10/20 NL.. he lost $5k in a couple hours.

Just be careful with that game..

[/ QUOTE ]

hey spino,

thanks for the info.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:20 AM

The game can be very good at times also. You just need to know when to sit. If there are 3+ must-moves, this is usually a sign of the 10/20 NL Bellagio being a very good game. Other then that, for the times that it is good, you will just have to experience for yourself and find out.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The game can be very good at times also. You just need to know when to sit. If there are 3+ must-moves, this is usually a sign of the 10/20 NL Bellagio being a very good game. Other then that, for the times that it is good, you will just have to experience for yourself and find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming it's mostly regulars, any unconscious collusion in this game?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 AM

My two cents:

The bellagio spreads only 2-5 with a $200 buy-in and the 10-20 with no cap. In my experience the 10-20 game is a very aggressive game although this does not always translate into difficulty. It is true that a number of players sit on deep stacks and play them well, but it is also not uncommon to see a complete idiot sitting on 10k. Also sometimes the game can play absolutely huge. About a year ago I was sitting in the game with Paul Phillips, who had like 15k and was opening about 1/2 the hands to $200 or so. As the other deep stacks began trying to play back at him the action really picked up. Then some guy comes in with a bunch of 5k chips from mirage and buys in for 70k! Now the game is 10-20 in name only with pots often being opened for 200-300. This can be great for the shorter stacks if you are able to pick up a few hands at the right time.

To sum up- can be good but definitely dont play it with scared money.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:06 PM

LA has higher EV but also much higher variance
Old 12-14-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming it's mostly regulars, any unconscious collusion in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say no, but don't have enough experience to say for sure. I don't usually sit when the game is tough.