Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-11-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: I have decided what i think is the optimal line

[ QUOTE ]
I was dicussing this with Enon last night. Bet-call the turn. I will induce plenty of bluff-raises and ensure that money goes in. If he calls the turn, bet/call any river. If he raises the turn, check call the river to let him keep bluffing worse hands and lose less when he has me beat.

To all of you who want to c/r th turn. I don't like this idea because you give him the perogative to put in as many bets as he wants oon a board where it's fairy easy to assess my hand stregnth. He has shown strngth so far, and i really dont want 3 bets going in on the turn when i MUST showdown the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I both agree and disagree w/ the CR. Its a good move usually, but getting 3bet here really really sucks and u absolutly cannot fold this hand. I think c/c is some weak sauce, so that leaves bet/call.

Also, GG, question. U mentioned the bet control factor, did this mean CRing less? Can u detail a little more on your strategy.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 12-11-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: I have decided what i think is the optimal line

ummmm I missed that the turn was another 6. I dont read these message boards so hot. If thats the case Im usually check-raising here.

getting 3bet is not so bad in a siutation like this verse the board being 6635 or something like that.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Dreamclown = Get Crunk Crew

[ QUOTE ]
It's me, woodrow5872, sansone from pokerroom and get crunk who play on the account at different times. For the 500-1000 matches we usually ate 1/4th the action each.

one can have NO EDGE against us. The big player on the site "Lagerborg" refuses to play us now after losing over 300k and claiming we can "see his cards" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Eug

[/ QUOTE ]

{quote} Basically, i don't think my long term expectation of playing a few hundred hands with him is so bad that i couldn't take away enough to warrant the experience.
{/quote}

I already addressed why i was playing. There isn't any mystery about it, and i never claimed i had any sort of edge, so we can all put our E-Penis's away now. And as grat as you all are, none of you is going to break me in a few hundred hands, i think of it as a different mehtod of getting coached with the possibility of getting luvky and making some money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: HU hand vs. Dreamclown

[ QUOTE ]
u gotta checkraise the turn here btw

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2005, 04:42 PM

Haha you [censored] fish, you can't wait for Eugene to come say something then just agree.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha you [censored] fish, you can't wait for Eugene to come say something then just agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha true. but the board was 6663. and you had a 3. im curious as to why you didnt raise when he bet?

you need to be ahead like what, 66% of the time or something? even less because you can suck out with an A if he has 44+. so lets say 60%. you are probably ahead 90% of the time on the turn. right?

so if you're going to check you have to raise. but if you bet and he raises then you gotta consider 3betting, although i doubt you ever win UI if he caps...split at best.

anyways im babbling but the basic idea is you are ahead way too often on the turn to only allow 1 bet in.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:49 PM

because I didn't particularly think i wanted 3 bets going in on this turn.It's one of those sitations where i he has a drawing tyoe hand, he can just call and fold the river UI, but if he has me beat he puts in more bets and i HAVE to showdown. Also, when i c/c the turn, he is about always going to value bet, and occasionally raise A-T or better on this river. How often he raises it for value i have no idea, but he raised AQ for value on this river.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because I didn't particularly think i wanted 3 bets going in on this turn.It's one of those sitations where i he has a drawing tyoe hand, he can just call and fold the river UI, but if he has me beat he puts in more bets and i HAVE to showdown. Also, when i c/c the turn, he is about always going to value bet, and occasionally raise A-T or better on this river. How often he raises it for value i have no idea, but he raised AQ for value on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean...if he has a drawing type hand (of which the only "drawing" hands are nopair hands now, obv) then you should c/r any river...betting the river is pretty bad imo unless you think he'll bluff raise with some frequency. say he has something like 45o. what does your bet accomplish?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:56 PM

It's to make him pay with his good king high hands which he might not value bet.