Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Know you\'re beat but fold = M of 3

Party $100 MTT
blinds 200/400 and I'm below average around 4000. I've been playing tight and my 3x raises have been respected. So, although an argument can be made for just
pushing and hoping (or folding), since my raises had been respected and I had just folded about 2 orbits, I raise to 1200 and two players go all in behind
me. My thought process is "well, one of them has me beat." and I lay it down. I was correct- they both have AKo. (however, if I'd have called I'd have made a str8 and trippled up).

The problem now is that I'm shortstacked, and this is compounded by the fact that I've just noticed that the blinds are going up to 300/600. Am I being results
oriented if I'm kicking myself for folding when I've turned myself into a short stack?

2nd hand- Ks8s BB. One standard raiser from early side of mid position- call all in or fold and wait up to 9 more hands? (and hope to survive the bubble- there's 35 left and 30 are paid).
Old 12-09-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Know you\'re beat but fold = M of 3

Depending on how many ultra-shorties there are, I think this is a call. With 5 people left until the money, you probably won't make it without doubling up at some point. In this spot, you should have the right pot odds to call here, as long as the pfr doesn't have a better king. I think you call here, risk it at the wrong end of a 60/40 and hope to give yourself a chance at making more than the min payout, rather than delaying your all in to try limp into the money.